Easy Cocoa Brownies that are loaded with chocolate, rich, and chewy. Perfect for the chocolate lover in your life to enjoy as a treat.
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or a pinch of vanilla powder)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8×8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray, then line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. Lightly spray again and set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In another bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together vegetable oil, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until well blended. Using a spoon, gradually stir in dry ingredients, until completely combined.
Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Note: If you are using a metal baking pan, increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
*Original recipe adapted from Culinary Couture
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 102IU | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg