This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Coffee Cookies – A quick and easy cookie recipe that is sure to be a favorite among coffee lovers because it is packed with instant espresso. Sweet, soft, and chewy!
I love coffee. I believe it is because I was allowed to drink coffee at an early age. I’m talking about early like before I could walk type of age. My mom loves to tell the story about how my grandmother would dip a piece of biscuit into coffee and I would beg for more. That was probably before the whole coffee stunts your growth saying was well known. I also grew up watching my dad drink copious amounts of coffee each day and now that I am older, I still do not quite understand his love for instant coffee. But, to say that I got my love for coffee honest would indeed be a fact. With that being said anytime I see an opportunity for me to add coffee into a recipe, then I certainly will do it, like the time I added it into waffles.
Today I will share with you my recipe for coffee cookies. That is right…coffee and cookies together. This recipe is so quick and easy with few ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen. This recipe also makes use of instant espresso coffee (Hi Dad!) that you mix with warm water while making the recipe.
I love the combination of coffee and chocolate because the coffee seems to intensify the flavor of the chocolate. Speaking of chocolate, I only added in ¼ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, because I wanted more of a plain cookie, but you could add in more chocolate and even some chopped nuts as well. I will warn you that when baking these cookies your house will smell so good and I know that is what usually happens when you make homemade cookies anyway, but these cookies will fill your home with the scent of freshly brewed sweet coffee. I am not even kidding…these coffee cookies smell amazing!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons warm water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the instant espresso powder and warm water until the espresso powder has dissolved.
- Whisk in the sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and spoon the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, in 1 heaping tablespoon of cookie dough, spaced an inch apart.
- Place into the oven and allow to bake about 12 minutes, until the edges are set and the cookies are soft and puffy.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Serve the cookies warm or once they have cooled.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas for Coffee Cookies? Share them in the comments below!