This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Buffalo Shrimp Recipe is a delicious recipe that makes a fast and easy dish that is sure to be loved by everyone.
Right about now as you are reading this I am on vacation in the Caribbean enjoying some much-needed rest, sun, and fun. Back in my earlier blogging days I would have just left you without saying a word or posting anything, but as this space has begun to grow and I feel as though it is only right for me to do the responsible thing and schedule my post ahead of time and not leave you with radio silence during my absence.
The ability to schedule a blog post, social media post and even Pinterest pins is the best thing ever. Really?!? I do not know what I would do without the ability to do such things.
But in other news…
Quite some time ago I came across a YouTube video from Hilah Cooking in which she demonstrated how to make buffalo shrimp. I gave the recipe a try and have made it several times since. And since I usually have shrimp in my freezer to use to make a quick meal when I forget to defrost some meat or I’m just fresh out of ideas about what to make my family for dinner, then these buffalo shrimp certainly come in handy. They are always a family favorite and are great as an appetizer or part of the main dish…Buffalo Shrimp Salad or Buffalo Shrimp and Grits Anyone??
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red hot sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups canola oil for frying
- lemon wedge
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp if you have not purchased them already done. You may leave on the shrimp tails on for presentation. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and Frank’s Red in a small pot and heat on low until melted. Keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and water until thoroughly combined. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour and seasoning salt. While working with one shrimp at a time, dip them by the tail into the egg, shake off the excess, and gently roll in flour. Be sure to coat all of the shrimp this way leaving them in the flour bowl as they are covered.
- Place the flour bowl with the shrimp in the fridge to rest while you heat the oil in a deep pot. Oil should be 1½ – 2 inches deep and heated to at least 375 degrees F. Toss shrimp in flour once more to be sure all are thoroughly coated and carefully drop each into hot oil; frying 6-8 shrimp at a time. Fry the shrimp until they become golden brown; about 3 minutes. Remove carefully using a slotted spoon and let drain on a rack.
- Just before serving drizzle with warm Buffalo sauce from saucepan that you have been keeping warm and serve with a lemon wedge and your favorite dressing for dipping.
If you decide to give this recipe a try, then please let me know about your experience in the comment section below. Enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from Hilah Cooking
Got any comments, questions, or other Easy Buffalo Shrimp recipe ideas? Share them in the comments below!