This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies – This one bowl cookie recipe is made both salty and sweet with the addition of pretzels and chocolate chips.
Lately, I have been really enjoying making cookies at home. There is just something about the smell of freshly baked cookies in a house that is so comforting. Usually, I make regular chocolate chip cookies, but today I decided to add a salty ingredient to the mix and that just so happens to be pretzels.
That’s right chocolate chip pretzel cookies is what is happening today. The perfect combination of salty and sweet in one delicious cookie. It all began with a bag of pretzel sticks that were left in my pantry from a previous recipe that I really needed to do something with and that is really how I ended up here. Technically, I ended up here by placing the pretzels in a plastic Ziploc bag and rolling a rolling pin over the bag a few times to get the pretzel crumbles. Now if you like bigger pretzel chunks, then you can roll the rolling pin a few less times than I did, either way, you will end up with the saltiness that this cookie needs.
You will want to hand-roll these cookies into a ball and press them down onto the cookie sheet to get the desired cookie shape because this will give you that thick cookie shape and keep the cookies from spreading a lot while baking. If you keep an eye on these cookies while they are baking and remove them as soon as the edges turn golden brown you will have a chewier cookie, but if you prefer a crispy cookie then you can leave them in the oven to bake a little bit longer. I myself love a chewy cookie especially when it is still warm from baking in the oven. What is your favorite type of cookie? Please share it with me in the comment section below.
Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup pretzels, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, and mix until combined. Turn the mixer down on low and slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped pretzels. Form the cookies into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Press the cookies in the center to flatten them out.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies? Share them in the comments below!