This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Pepperoni Bread Recipe is loaded with cheese, spices, and of course pepperoni. It is easy to make and perfect to dip in marinara sauce. Cheesy, flavorful, and delicious.
If you have been following me for any amount of time, then you already know how I feel about pizza or anything that resembles pizza. I love it!
It is one of my favorite things to eat. There is something magical about the combination of soft dough, sauce, shredded cheese, and your favorite toppings. There are so many possibilities when it comes to pizza and I try to infuse pizza ingredients into anything that I can or come up with new ways to make pizza. Recently I decided to try making pepperoni bread and I must say that it came out delicious.
This bread contains a crisp outer layer but is soft on the inside. It is super cheesy with three different kinds of cheese and seasoned really well. Dipping this bread in your favorite marinara sauce adds another layer of flavor and definitely completes this recipe.
What ingredients are needed for this pepperoni bread?
- Pizza dough
- White American cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pizza seasoning
- Marinara sauce
How to make bread with pepperoni:
Begin the recipe by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Roll the pizza dough out to about a 14-inch circle.
Lay the slices of American cheese in a single layer, sprinkle the mozzarella, and Parmesan all over in an even layer.
Sprinkle with pizza seasoning and lay the pepperoni all over in a single layer.
Tightly roll it like a jelly roll, pinching the seam.
Place it seam side down and using a small paring knife make a few slices over the top for the steam to escape.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting to serve. Serve the pepperoni bread hot with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.
Does pepperoni bread need to be refrigerated?
The pepperoni bread rolls can be served warm straight from the oven or at room temperature. If you have any leftover, it will need to be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. When ready to serve the leftovers, be sure to reheat in the oven or microwave. The pizza rolls are good up to 3 days after baking, they can also be frozen in the freezer in some plastic wrap up to 3 weeks.
What kind of pizza dough is best for pepperoni rolls?
You may use either homemade pizza dough or store-bought dough, either is fine. These rolls have been made from them all including canned pizza dough and dough purchased from a bakery. If you need a homemade recipe to make, then I have a recipe for Homemade Pizza Crust that you can use as well.
Pepperoni Bread Recipe
- 1 pound pizza dough, already prepared
- 1/2 pound white American cheese slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pizza seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Roll the dough out to about 14-inch circle.
- Arrange the slices of American cheese in a single layer, sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese all over in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with the pizza seasoning and arrange the pepperoni all over in a single layer.
- Tightly roll it like a jelly roll, beginning with the longest end and roll to meet the other long end. Pinch the seam together to close.
- Place it seam side down and using a small paring knife make a few slices over the top for the steam to escape.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the bread to cool for a few minutes before cutting to serve.
- Serve the pepperoni bread while it is still warm with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Need a few more pizza type recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use this Pepperoni Bread Recipe? Please share them in the comments below!