This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fudgy Mint Brownies – Vegan, egg free chocolate mint brownies with minty sandwich cookies that make it green enough in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
It is Friday and St. Patrick’s Day and that requires a recipe with something green and something chocolate. Ok well, maybe not the last part of that sentence because I totally made that up but doesn’t Friday and Chocolate just seem like they are supposed to go together?
Today I will take the recipe that I previously shared with you on the blog for Chocolate Mint Brownies, make a few changes to the ingredients, and add in some chocolate mint sandwich cookie. The cookies are just the thing this recipe needs to give you the green and more sweet goodness. This recipe is still vegan unless you do not want to ingest the palm oil that is in the sandwich cookies, if that is the case then feel free to omit them and just use regular vegan sandwich cookies or chocolate chips. The addition of the mint flavored sandwich cookies and peppermint extract really intensifies the minty flavor of the brownies and makes the brownies so delicious. Seriously, there is just something so yummy about the combination of chocolate and mint.
These brownies are made using one mixing bowl and one pan to bake them in. The ingredients that you will need for the recipe are pretty basic and you should already have most of them in your kitchen. The peppermint extract should be easy to find at your local grocery store in the aisle with the spices and you want to be sure that you use the peppermint or mint extract and not peppermint oil because it will make a big difference in flavor intensity.
Before you add the chocolate mint sandwich cookies to the brownie batter be sure to cut each cookie into quarters or place into a Ziploc plastic bag and gently roll over the bag a few times with the rolling pin to break the cookies up just a little. Be sure to give this recipe a try and let me know how the Fudgy Mint Brownies turn out for you. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Fudgy Mint Brownies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup neutral oil (canola, avocado, etc.)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 mint sandwich cookies, quartered
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. and line an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In a separate small bowl whisk together the oil, water, peppermint, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Stir the oil mixture into the flour mixture until fully combined, careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in the mint sandwich cookies and pour the brownie mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan on a rack prior to cutting into squares and serving.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas for Fudgy Mint Brownies? Share them in the comments below!