This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pizza Stuffed Shells – This pasta recipe is inspired by supreme pizza and is so quick and easy to make. The perfect weeknight meal. This post is sponsored but all opinions are mine.
The first day of Spring has come and gone and I can honestly say that it is beginning to feel like Spring is in the air. The weather is warming up, the days are longer, the pollen is out in full blast, and the grocery stores have so many wonderful seasonal ingredients that you cannot help but incorporate them into your everyday dishes. I mean is it me or does produce just look so much better in the spring?
One ingredient that I do find myself cooking with often is onion and even though you can find a good onion any time of the year, during the spring Vidalia onions are sweeter and more abundant, so I often find myself using them to way more dishes and of course you already know that my favorite dish almost always involves pizza.
This recipe not only incorporates Vidalia onions, but also fresh garlic, green pepper, and my favorite pasta sauce Bertolli’s Five Cheese. This pasta sauce is so chunky, creamy, and so delicious that you really cannot go wrong with it. I love that this sauce utilizes five kinds of cheese which are provolone, parmesan, romano, aged asiago, and fontina. The combination of these five kinds of cheese gives this sauce a flavorful bite to any dish. This has become my ‘go-to’ pasta sauce and I use it in many of my pasta dishes.
One such dish is Supreme Pizza Stuffed Shells which is perfect to make on a Monday night when you have no clue what to prepare for your family. This dish is so quick that you can have it on the table and ready for your family is less than 45 minutes.
Supreme Pizza Stuffed Shells
- 18 jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced and divided
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and cook the jumbo shells according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium skillet, brown the Italian sausage, onion, and garlic until done and drain. Add the green pepper, oregano, pepperoni, and cook until the green pepper begins to soften.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Fill each jumbo shell with the mixture and place in a baking dish with the open seam side down.
- Top with the Bertolli Five Cheese pasta sauce and some additional pepperoni if you would like, cover with foil and bake in the oven 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and immediately top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and return to the oven just until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Pizza Stuffed Shells? Share them in the comments below!