This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Pizza Bowls - A crustless pizza in a bowl with all of your favorite toppings. Bakes up in less than 5 minutes and is perfect for the whole family.
Friday I shared with you that my week had been very eventful. Just in case you missed it, then I will link it HERE for you to check out.
If you remember in that post I mentioned that, I would share more with you about that a little later…well, welcome to later.
The phone rang, I walked away from the stove with food cooking, to learn that my dad had been rushed to the hospital. At some point during the commotion of my family rushing in from outside to find out what was the matter. The back door was accidentally left open.
While my dog Shakespeare was on my heels trying to figure out what was going on. My cat Gabby saw this as the perfect opportunity for her to sneak out the back door, across the yard, and into the woods behind my house.
Once I realized that she was gone, I did pause for a moment to consider looking for her. Then reality hit that I had no time and so I left. It was also because she had escaped from an open door before and managed to make her way back home in time for dinner. Knowing this I figured she would be waiting for me by the door again that evening to let her in and feed her.
Sunday evening I returned home with no sign of Gabby. Monday morning before heading to the hospital, I spent some time looking for her again and nothing. Monday night, still no cat. There was no sign of her Tuesday or Wednesday.
On Wednesday night I completed my nightly search to try to find her which turned up nothing. At this point, I was somewhere between worry and fear that she may not ever return. Thursday morning I left my back door cracked just in case she decided to wander in, but still no sign of Gabby. At this point, I was sure that my cat was not returning home and I would have to be okay with that.
Then Thursday night came and I was heading home from the hospital when I received a text that my cat was back home waiting at the front door. I didn’t bother responding because I figured it was a joke. My son had played that cruel joke on me before and I was determined that he was not going to fool me again.
I arrived home to Gabby in her favorite spot underneath the dining room table.
Easy Pizza Bowls
- 2 Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 oz. pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Using a large skillet over medium high heat add in the Italian sausage and cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan and using the grease left in the pan add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Place 4 ramekins on a baking sheet and coat the bottom of each with marinara sauce.
- Top with a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Divide the Italian sausage, pepperoni, and mushrooms among the four ramekins and place over the layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Add another layer of marinara sauce, followed by the remaining mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the baking sheet with the pizza bowls under the broiler until the cheese has browned and the sauce is bubbly.
- Serve warm.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Easy Pizza Bowls? Share them in the comments below!