This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I decided to finally give Homemade Pizza Crust a crust and it was not as hard as I thought. I share the recipe on the blog today.
I love homemade pizza!
This really isn’t a secret, but I think it stems from my childhood in that my dad was not a fan of pizza and so growing up we rarely had it for dinner. Doesn’t that sound about right though? Poor little LaKita was deprived of pizza growing up and so as an adult pizza is what she wants to indulge in weekly. Yes I think that sounds just about right!
But seriously even though I know my way around a good pizza…Using active yeast to make homemade dough was so scary to me. It also seemed like way too much work when I could just go to the store and purchase pizza dough from the bakery and it was pretty much homemade.
I would find myself looking at homemade pizza recipes and as soon as I saw the words yeast and rise I was stepping away from that recipe with a quickness. All of that changed when a friend showed me how easy it really is to make homemade pizza crust and I have to admit that I cannot believe that I let one little packet of active yeast intimidate me for so long.
Homemade Pizza Crust
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small bowl, stir the sugar into the warm water and add in the active yeast and stir, then allow it to sit undisturbed for 10 to 15 minutes for the yeast to proof.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift in the flour and salt and once the yeast is ready add that in as well and then stir in the olive oil and Italian seasoning.
- Stir the mixture until the dough forms and then remove it from the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface.
- Oil your hands with olive oil and knead the dough a few times until it comes together and then form it into a ball and place it back into a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and let rise for 30 minutes (if you are in a rush it is okay for you to skip this step).
- Preheat the oven 425 degrees F. and press the dough on an oiled 12-inch pizza pan.
- Spread your pizza sauce and favorite toppings onto the dough and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the center of the crust has been fully cooked.
Slice and Enjoy!