This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and Easy Soft Pretzels with a homemade Honey Mustard Sauce. These pretzels are warm and buttery, topped with sea salt, and the perfect snack.
I do not know exactly what it is about getting pretzels from the mall food court, but there is just something magical about ordering a piping hot, soft, salty pretzel and dipping it into the cool, sweet, and tangy honey mustard sauce. And yes honey mustard is my absolute favorite and I always, always, have to have it with my pretzel.
However, let’s face it, mall pretzels are pretty hard to resist because you can smell the aroma of freshly baked pretzels as soon as you put one foot inside the mall, regardless of which store you find yourself in. It is almost as if the scent follows you everywhere to the point that you have to give in and make your way into the food court to purchase one.
Now let me share with you a simple way that you can have soft pretzels from the comfort of your very own home and pair it with a sweet honey mustard sauce.
- 1 can 13.8 ounce, can pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Open the pizza dough, on a clean working surface stretch it out into a large rectangle, and cut into eight equally sized strips.
- Working with one strip at a time fold the strip in half lengthwise and begin to form the pretzel by taking the ends of the strip and making it into a ‘U’ shape. Twist the ends around each other two times and connect the ends at the bottom of the ‘U’ shape. Place on the prepared baking sheet and continue the process seven more times.
- Be sure the pretzels are evenly spaced apart on the baking sheet. Brush the top of each pretzel with the melted butter and sprinkle with the coarse sea salt. Place into the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the pretzels are golden brown.
- While the pretzels are baking, in a small mixing bowl whisk together the honey, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, vinegar, and paprika until everything is smooth and combined. Serve the pretzels while they are still warm with the honey mustard on the side for dipping.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Soft Pretzels? Share them in the comments below.