This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak is an easy sandwich recipe that is made in minutes in the pressure cooker. Meaty, cheesy and delicious with steak, onion, green bell pepper, and cheese.
I love adding ingredients into the instant pot pressure cooker and a few minutes later having a full meal.
It makes planning dinner so much easier and effortless. Also, an added bonus is there is less of a mess to clean up. Saving time and feeding a hungry family is always a winner in my book. One recipe that I have enjoyed making lately is making this Philly cheesesteak recipe in the instant pot. The pressure cooker makes the steak perfectly tender and the sliced onion and green bell pepper come out tender but not overcooked. Place the delicious filling into a hoagie or sub roll and top it with some cheese.
What is a Philly cheesesteak?
A Philly cheesesteak is a sandwich that is made from thinly sliced steak with melted cheese on a hoagie or sub sandwich roll. There are many version of this sandwich but I prefer to keep it simple and add sliced onion and green bell pepper for a little added flavor.
What ingredients are needed for instant pot cheesesteak?
- Ribeye steak
- Green bell peppers
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Beef broth
- Cheese slices
- Bread rolls
How to make Philly cheesesteak in instant pot:
Using a pressure cooker, add the steak to the bottom.
Top with sliced onion and sliced green bell pepper.
Sprinkle everything with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Pour in the beef broth. Cover with lid making sure the knob is set to sealing and not venting. Cook on manual for 3 minutes.
Carefully use the quick release function once the cooking is done. Carefully remove the lid and allow the steam to escape.
Cut open bread rolls, add the meat mixture and cheese slices. Place underneath the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Serve warm.
What cheese is best on Philly cheesesteak?
Any sliced cheese or cheese sauce that you prefer is perfectly fine to use on a Philly cheesesteak. However, I find that the best cheese to use is Provolone because it is mild without being overpowering. It also melts beautifully and has a nice pull to it.
Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak
- Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot
- 1 pound ribeye steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 slices of your favorite cheese
- 4 bread rolls
- Using a pressure cooker, add the 1 pound of steak to the bottom. Top with sliced onion and sliced green bell pepper.
- Sprinkle everything with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour in the 1 cup beef broth.
- Cover with lid making sure the knob is set to sealing and not venting.
- Cook on manual for 3 minutes. Carefully use the quick release function once the cooking is done. Carefully remove the lid and allow the steam to escape.
- Cut open bread rolls, add the meat mixture and cheese slices. Place underneath the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Serve warm.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Want more easy instant pot recipes? Try these:
- Chicken and Potatoes with Green Beans
- Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot Brown Rice Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use this Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak? Please share them in the comments below!