This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Barbecue Cornbread Muffins - Only 5 ingredients and 30 minutes is all that it takes to whip up these smoky, saucy, and filling savory muffins for dinner.
You may have noticed that I have been a little inconsistent with the blog posting schedule around here. I missed a few days here and there and some post were much later than they were supposed to be. There is a perfectly good explanation for that and it is that your girl has been busy.
As you may know, I left my day job back in December and decided to pursue working from home for myself as a consultant, food photographer, and digital influencer. Along the way, there have been many ups and downs and even times when I thought about returning back to the workforce. I instead decided to join a mastermind group full of women that are doing the same thing as me. This made me realize that I have been playing it safe…Sticking to what I know and basically limiting my own growth.
Last month I had to take a good hard look at what I wanted and get organized in this space enough to grow to the place that I want to be. Once I was able to do that, it set me up to stretch myself this month and let me tell you that doing that has already made a huge difference.
I was able to collaborate with fellow blogger Kenya Rae from www.kenyarae.com to bring you #MidDayMunchies. Each Thursday during the month of September, we were on Facebook Live cooking up a quick and easy brunch or dinner. These were so much fun and I really enjoyed making these videos because they required little prep and no editing.
Living in a small town, football season is a huge deal...especially when your son is a senior and the starting running back ? So having a family style pre-game meal is a HUGE deal at my house and one way that we make that happen in a hurry is by picking up a couple of Tony's® Pizzeria Style Pizzas at our local @walmart. We love the Tony's® Pizzeria Style MEAT-TRIO® Pizza and Tony's® Pizzeria Style Pepperoni Pizza, both made with 100% real mozzarella cheese. * These can be paired with a salad and lots of water to keep my hungry player full, hydrated, and ready for the game ?#ad #WinWithTonysPizza
So, what has stretching taught me this month? Not to be afraid to try something new!
Just a few results…I have more ideas to add in Facebook Live more, I am in the process of finishing up a food photography on a budget course, and was hired to photograph a whole cookbook. It is all very exciting! I will tell you that if you have something new that you have wanted to give a try…don’t wait any longer…just do it.
Speaking of trying new things, you should definitely try these Barbecue Cornbread Muffins. They are hearty, comforting, and perfect for those times when you need a meal in a hurry.
Barbecue Cornbread Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 package (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat add in the ground beef and diced onions. Cook until the meat has browned and drain off the fat.
- Stir in the barbecue sauce until the beef mixture is fully coated.
- Prepare the corn muffin mix according to the package directions.
- Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of the corn muffin mixture into each individual muffin well.
- Top the muffin mixture with the barbecue beef mixture and place into the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and top each with 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan 3 to 4 minutes before removing.
- Top with additional cheese if you prefer and serve hot.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas about these Barbecue Cornbread Muffins? Share them in the comments below!