This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Barbecue Cornbread Muffins – Only 5 ingredients and 30 minutes is all that it takes to whip up these smoky, saucy, and filling savory muffins for dinner.
You may have noticed that I have been a little inconsistent with the blog posting schedule around here. I missed a few days here and there and some post were much later than they were supposed to be. There is a perfectly good explanation for that and it is that your girl has been busy.
As you may know, I left my day job back in December and decided to pursue working from home for myself as a consultant, food photographer, and digital influencer. Along the way, there have been many ups and downs and even times when I thought about returning back to the workforce. I instead decided to join a mastermind group full of women that are doing the same thing as me. This made me realize that I have been playing it safe…Sticking to what I know and basically limiting my own growth.
Last month I had to take a good hard look at what I wanted and get organized in this space enough to grow to the place that I want to be. Once I was able to do that, it set me up to stretch myself this month and let me tell you that doing that has already made a huge difference.
I was able to collaborate with fellow blogger Kenya Rae from www.kenyarae.com to bring you #MidDayMunchies. Each Thursday during the month of September, we were on Facebook Live cooking up a quick and easy brunch or dinner. These were so much fun and I really enjoyed making these videos because they required little prep and no editing.
Living in a small town, football season is a huge deal…especially when your son is a senior and the starting running back ? So having a family style pre-game meal is a HUGE deal at my house and one way that we make that happen in a hurry is by picking up a couple of Tony’s® Pizzeria Style Pizzas at our local @walmart. We love the Tony’s® Pizzeria Style MEAT-TRIO® Pizza and Tony’s® Pizzeria Style Pepperoni Pizza, both made with 100% real mozzarella cheese. * These can be paired with a salad and lots of water to keep my hungry player full, hydrated, and ready for the game ?#ad #WinWithTonysPizza
So, what has stretching taught me this month? Not to be afraid to try something new!
Just a few results…I have more ideas to add in Facebook Live more, I am in the process of finishing up a food photography on a budget course, and was hired to photograph a whole cookbook. It is all very exciting! I will tell you that if you have something new that you have wanted to give a try…don’t wait any longer…just do it.
Speaking of trying new things, you should definitely try these Barbecue Cornbread Muffins. They are hearty, comforting, and perfect for those times when you need a meal in a hurry.
Barbecue Cornbread Muffins
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 package (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat add in the ground beef and diced onions. Cook until the meat has browned and drain off the fat.
- Stir in the barbecue sauce until the beef mixture is fully coated.
- Prepare the corn muffin mix according to the package directions.
- Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of the corn muffin mixture into each individual muffin well.
- Top the muffin mixture with the barbecue beef mixture and place into the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and top each with 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan 3 to 4 minutes before removing.
- Top with additional cheese if you prefer and serve hot.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas about these Barbecue Cornbread Muffins? Share them in the comments below!