Thick crust supreme pizza made with homemade pizza dough, sauce, cheese, three meat toppings, red onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Delicious, flavorful, and perfect for pizza night at home.
Pizza is definitely something that I absolutely love to have. In my home pizza Friday's are a real thing. What better way to close out the work week than with a pizza pie. Nothing in my opinion.
I used to purchase pizza dough from the bakery at the grocery store. However, once I learned how magical the KitchenAid stand mixer with the hook attachment is and how much easier it makes the process of making pizza dough myself, I have been making my own ever since.
I have also been making my favorite pizzas at home as well and that includes the delicious supreme pizza.
What does supreme pizza mean?
I am not sure exactly what the correct term means except for the fact that it has many different toppings on it. From the popular pizza chain of Pizza Hut, it is a pizza made with classic marinara sauce, pepperoni, seasoned pork, beef, fresh mushrooms, fresh green bell peppers, and fresh red onions. A supreme pizza is available at most pizzerias with many variations of toppings. Some even use Canadian bacon and black olives.
What ingredients are needed to make homemade supreme pizza?
- Homemade pizza crust
- Mozzarella cheese
- Red onion
- Green bell pepper
- Mild Italian sausage
- Ground beef
How to make the best supreme pizza:
Begin the recipe by making the recipe for Easy Homemade Pizza Crust. Allow the crust/dough time to rise and it will double in size. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
At this point, press the air out of the dough to flatten it out a bit.
Remove the pizza dough from the bowl and press into a baking sheet, pizza pan, or cast iron skillet. For a thicker crust, use the entire amount of pizza dough and adjust pan as needed. For a thinner crust, cut the pizza dough in half and make two pizzas or save half in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
Place the pizza dough into the preheated oven and par-bake 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully remove the crust from the oven and evenly spread on the pizza sauce. Top with half of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Next evenly spread out the pepperoni, sausage, beef, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Top with the other half of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
Place back into the oven and bake the supreme pizza for 10 to 12 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve warm. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Is homemade pizza dough required for this recipe?
Fresh dough is required for this recipe. If you prefer to skip the process of making your own pizza dough, then feel free to use a store brought pizza dough that can be found in the bakery or refrigerated food section of the grocery store. You can also use the pizza dough that comes in a tube that can be found in the section with the canned biscuits of the supermarket. If you have a stand mixer with a hook attachment, the process is extremely easy. The mixer does all the work and there is no need to knead the dough by hand.
Homemade Supreme Pizza
- Stand mixer with hook attachement
- Pizza pan or baking sheet
- 1 recipe Easy Homemade Pizza Crust
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 16 sliced pepperoni
- ⅓ cup ground Italian sausage (mild or hot), cooked
- ⅓ cup ground beef, cooked
- ¼ cup green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Begin the recipe by making the recipe for Easy Homemade Pizza Crust. Allow the crust/dough time to rise and it will double in size. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. At this point, press the air out of the dough to flatten it out a bit.
- Remove the pizza dough from the bowl and press into a baking sheet, pizza pan, or cast iron skillet.
- For a thicker crust, use the entire amount of pizza dough and adjust pan as needed. For a thinner crust, cut the pizza dough in half and make two pizzas or save half in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
- Place the pizza dough into the preheated oven and par-bake 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully remove the crust from the oven and evenly spread on the 1 cup pizza sauce.
- Top with half of the shredded mozzarella cheese, ½ cup. Next evenly spread out the 16 slices of pepperoni, /3 cup sausage, ⅓ cup beef, ¼ cup red onion, ¼ cup green bell pepper, and ½ cup mushrooms. Top with the other half ½ cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Adjust the topping as needed to fit your taste, the measurements are suggestions.
- Place back into the oven and bake the supreme pizza for 10 to 12 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve warm.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 3 days.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Need a few more easy pizza recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use this Supreme Pizza? Please share them in the comments below!
Homemade pizza is the best! Especially during the lockdown, when going out for pizza isn't an option, this is better than a restaurant!
Thank you! I completely agree, it is a great option during these times at home.
Looks very professional, makes perfect sense and seems easy to make if you put your mind to it and follow Simply Lakita’s Recipe!
Thank you so much Brittany!
Supreme pizza is my FAVORITE! This is a great recipe to avoid eating out.
Thank you Jess, I agree!
Whoa looks so good! We have been eating a lot of pizza these days, so I'll have to switch it up and make this homemade version. (Looks way, WAY more delicious than the frozen ones we've been eating!)
Thank you! It is always nice to have multiple options when it comes to pizza.
Amy Liu Dong
I love pizza from a restaurant but I love it more if it's a homemade pizza and seeing this one makes me really hungry!
Thank you! Homemade pizza is the best.
This looks totally amazing! We were actually planning to have pizza night tonight -- I can't wait to share this recipe with my family. I love all the different flavors of the toppings. 🙂 And thanks for all the tips about the dough -- that can be the trickiest part!
Thank you so much Amy! Hope you enjoy!
Such an easy weeknight meal! Love this recipe!
Perfect for the weekend!
Mama Maggie's Kitchen
You're making me hungry... I think I just heard my tummy growl. lol! This Homemade Supreme Pizza looks really delicious.
Thank you Maggie! It is definitely worth a try.
Homemade pizza is always best! I love making pizza at home with the kids. They will choose their toppings 🙂
Thank you! The best part about homemade pizza is the variety of toppings you can use.
I am always looking for a good homemade pizza recipe! That crust looks awesome and those toppings are perfect! Can't wait to try this one.
Thank you Sam! Enjoy!
I started making a lot of pizza at home given the circumstances that we can't go to a local restaurant. And this is perfect! We were actually just looking for new ingredients!
Thank you Coralia! This is a nice option to try.
My family loves when I make homemade pizza for dinner. This recipe has a nice and somewhat new twist - ground beef. I will definitely give this a try. My boys will love this I'm sure.
Thank you Natalie! Ground beef works well on this pizza!