This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Try making this Pepperoni Pizza Dip for a savory, cheesy, and flavorful dip that can be enjoyed with bread to create the perfect appetizer. Simple and delicious!
If you love pepperoni pizza-inspired recipes then be sure to try making a batch of Pepperoni Bread. It is loaded with cheese, spice, and of course...pepperoni.
If you love pepperoni pizza and cheese, then this is the perfect dip recipe for you!
It is so simple to make and is loaded with mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese. Topped with some pepperoni before baking and in less than 30 minutes you will have yourself a hot and flavorful dip that you can pair with toasted bread, raw vegetables, or breadsticks.
So delicious and the perfect appetizer to make and share with a crowd.
Let's get started!
- Pepperoni - Grab any pepperoni that you prefer. It can even be turkey pepperoni if you would like. The recipe call for a certain amount, but do not be afraid to add more, it is perfectly fine!
- Cream cheese - Use full-fat cream cheese and be sure to remove it from the refrigerator and allow it to soften to room temperature before you begin preparing the dip for easier spreading.
- Mozzarella cheese - Shredded mozzarella cheese makes this dip super cheesy and gives the dip that stringy cheese pulls that everyone is sure to love. You can use prepared shredded mozzarella, but try buying in a block and shredding yourself using a box grated because it melts so much better.
- Parmesan cheese - Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese that you can find in the cheese and dairy section of the grocery store instead of the prepared version from the store shelf.
- Italian seasoning - Helps to give this dip that pizza flavor.
- Red pepper flakes (also known as crushed red pepper) - Add a bit of heat to the dip. It is not enough to make it spicy but certainly balances out the creamy dairy with a little spice. You may omit it if you prefer.
- Pizza sauce - Use any jar of pizza sauce that you prefer or try making it yourself.
See the recipe card below for exact ingredient quantities.
Begin the recipe by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F. and grab a 9-inch round pie dish or a small casserole dish. Place the softened cream cheese into the bottom of the pie dish and use a small spoon to spread it around evenly in the bottom.
Top with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese, then evenly sprinkle on some Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Evenly spread on a layer of pizza sauce.
Top with more mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Add the pepperoni slices all over the top in an even layer.
Place into the oven to bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is bubbly. Allow the dip to cool for a few minutes before serving with breadsticks, garlic toast, or bagel chips. Enjoy!
This particular recipe is for a pepperoni pizza dip, but you can add more pizza toppings that you prefer. Just make a layer after you add the layer of cheese.
- Meat - try adding other cooked meat topping options such as sausage, bacon, chicken, or ham.
- Vegetables (cooked or raw) - add bell pepper, mushrooms, olives, banana peppers, onions, or spinach.
- Cheese - in addition to the mozzarella and parmesan, try adding some cheddar, gouda, or pepper jack cheese.
- Fresh Herbs - add some freshly chopped basil, rosemary, or thyme.
This pepperoni pizza dip is perfect to make ahead of time or in advance. Simply prepare the dip according to the instruction right up until it is time to bake in the oven. Instead, cover the dish and place it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When you're ready to serve it, allow it to come to room temperature for a few minutes before placing it in the oven to bake. Serve warm.
This dip is best served warm immediately after it has baked and within 15 minutes of sitting at room temperature. If you need to reheat it, then you may do so in the oven or the microwave. If you have any leftovers, then be sure to store them covered in the refrigerator and reheat the dip again before serving. It is best the same day it is prepared, but may be enjoyed a day later.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 1 9-inch pie dish
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 20 round pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and grab a 9-inch pie dish.
- Place the 8 ounces of softened cream cheese into the bottom of the pie dish and use a small spoon to spread it around evenly in the bottom.
- Top with ¾ cup mozzarella cheese and ½ cup Parmesan cheese, then evenly sprinkle on the 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- Evenly spread on the 1 cup pizza sauce.
- Top with ¾ cup mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan.
- Add the pepperoni slices all over the top in an even layer. Place into the oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is bubbly. Allow the dip to cool for a few minutes before serving with breadsticks, garlic toast, or bagel chips. Enjoy!
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
More Recipes You'll Love:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to enjoy this delicious Pepperoni Pizza Dip? Please share them in the comments below!