This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Blueberry Muffins are a one-bowl recipe with minimal ingredients and made with healthy blueberries. Soft, flavorful, and delicious enough to enjoy anytime.
I love having a muffin for breakfast.
It really does not even matter what kind of muffin that it is, but there is just something about pairing a delicious buttery muffin with a cup of hot coffee that screams 'I am ready to begin my day'. And since I was able to find some great looking blueberries while shopping this week, I decided to put some of them to use inside a batch of freshly baked muffins.
These muffins are so easy to make and a basic recipe, so if you are not a fan of blueberries, then feel free to substitute another fruit that you would prefer.
What ingredients for easy blueberry muffins?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil (or any neutral oil)
- Vanilla extract
- Blueberries, fresh or frozen
How to Make the Best Blueberry Muffin Recipe:
Preheat oven 400 degrees F. and line a large muffin pan with muffin liners. This will help to make the cleaning process go much easier. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and ground cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, sugar, oil, and vanilla until combined.
Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir together with a few light strokes. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened being careful not to over mix. The muffin batter should not be smooth, it will be lumpy.
Gently fold in the blueberries into the batter. If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw out.
Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in 1 or 2 of the muffins comes out clean. Allow the blueberry muffins to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before removing them completely from the muffin pan.
Tips for making the best blueberry muffins:
- If you use paper liners, lightly spray each liner with non-stick cooking spray and this will ensure that your muffins will come out clean.
- Once you add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, do not over mix! This will cause your muffins to be tough and it is perfectly fine for your batter to be lumpy even after you have thoroughly combined all of the ingredients.
- After you have poured the muffins into the pan, then you can press a few extra blueberries into the top of the uncooked muffins for added flavor. This step is completely optional
- For a more buttery muffin, you can substitute unsalted butter in the same unit of measurement for the vegetable oil in the recipe.
- This recipe makes six large blueberry muffins, if you would like to make more you will have to double the recipe.
- These muffins are not overly sweet, feel free to add additional sugar if necessary.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. and grease (or use paper liners) on a standard 6-muffin pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon thoroughly in a medium bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix together with a few light strokes just until the dry ingredients are moistened (do not over mix). The batter should not be smooth, it will be lumpy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries (if using frozen do not thaw them out) into the batter.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in 1 or 2 of the muffins comes out clean. Allow them to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before removing from the pan.
Want more simple muffin recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ideas for these Blueberry Muffins? Please share them in the comments below!