This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Microwave Mug Brownie is a delicious chocolate, gooey, and rich single-serve brownie that can be made in less than 2 minutes. Perfect when you need a sweet treat in a hurry.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
This holiday is filled with flowers, cards, and candy. If you are celebrating this day alone, then you can still take a little time to spend a moment with a sweet treat for yourself. It also doesn’t have to take a long amount of time or a bunch of ingredients.
This recipe for microwave mug brownie has been a favorite of mine for a while. Last year I shared a video of me making it on Instagram and it is the most saved post on my feed. I heard from so many people that it is the most delicious gooey brownie in a mug.
Be sure to give a try and save it for later when you need to treat yo self in the future.
What are the ingredients for the best mug brownie?
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil, or any neutral flavoured oil
How to make this single serve brownie:
In a coffee mug, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and granulated sugar until combined.
Stir in the egg and vegetable oil until combined. Careful not to over mix.
Place the mug into the microwave and cook from 1 minute. Check the mug and microwave 10 seconds at a time until firm but still gooey. Remove from the microwave and allow it to sit for 1 to 2 minutes before serving. Serve warm and top with walnuts and chocolate chips if you prefer.
Is it safe to cook a brownie in the microwave?
Yes, this recipe is safe. The egg is blended with the other ingredients and will cook thoroughly in the microwave. It is fine to cook this single brownie in a microwave-safe mug or bowl. Keep in mind that microwaves can vary, so it is best to cook the mug brownie for 1 minute and then in 10-second increments until done. The brownie is done when it has slightly risen, is not raw in the center, but still gooey.
Can you overcook a brownie in a mug with egg?
Yes, you can. You will know the brownie has been overcooked if it is completely dry and tough. The best way to avoid this from happening is by cooking for 1 minute before checking. Then cook for 10 seconds at a time checking each time until done.
Microwave Mug Brownie
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a coffee mug, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and granulated sugar until combined.
- Stir in the egg and vegetable oil until combined. Careful not to over mix.
- Place the mug into the microwave and cook from 1 minute. Check the mug and microwave 10 seconds at a time until firm but still gooey.
- Remove from the microwave and allow it to sit for 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm and top with walnut and chocolate chips if you prefer.
Want more delicious brownie recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other ideas about this microwave mug brownie? Please share them in the comments below!