This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This quick recipe for easy shortbread cookies creates a simple dough that is buttery and sweet with only three ingredients needed to make.
Flowers, candy, cards…can you tell that it is almost Valentine’s Day? The day in which you show those that you love how much you appreciate them. Some people go all out with lavish date nights at fancy restaurants while others prefer to avoid the crowds and have a quiet movie night in.
Regardless of what you choose to do or even if you do not have a special someone to celebrate the day with, then I want to remind you not to forget about expressing love for the most important person which is yourself. I know, I know, sounds a bit selfish right? No, not really, when you think about it because self-care is often overlooked due to family and work commitments, but is oh so important because after all, you cannot serve others if you own cup is empty. You have to place the air mask on yourself before you can help anyone else apply their own mask, Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to show yourself more love, and I have three things to help you do just that.
1- Make time for alone time: Many of us are constantly on the go and that requires a higher need for a personal recharge. A few ways to achieve this is by going for a walk, practising meditative breathing, or treating yourself to a favorite activity that you have not participated in a while.
2- Treat Yourself: Instead of waiting for someone else to buy you that speciality item that you have been wanting, why not just get it for yourself. Have you been eyeing a pricey bottle of wine, want a seasonal treat from a bakery across town, or some flowers to fill that beautiful vase that you have at home? It is perfectly okay for you to get these items for yourself. I love having fresh flowers in my home and although it is nice to be surprised with flowers from others, I make sure to keep them in my home because I enjoy them.
3- Write it Down: Journaling is a great way to check-in with yourself and connect with your feelings. It can be as personal or short as you would like it to be but think of it as a way to write love notes to yourself.
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
Easy Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
- Slowly add the flour and continue to mix until the cookie dough comes together to form a soft dough ball.
- Place the dough ball into some plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and roll the dough about ¼ inch thick on a surface dusted with powdered sugar making sure to dust the rolling pin as well.
- Cut the cookies into their shape and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges of the cookies begin to lightly brown.
- Allow them to cool on a baking rack for 10 minutes before removing from the sheet pan.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Easy Shortbread Cookies? Share them in the comments below!