This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pineapple Tarts - Sweet, fruity, delicious tart made using puff pastry and pineapples. A quick and easy recipe that can be made in minutes.
So one night while trying to relax and watch a little television I navigated to the Cooking Channel and began watching the show Tia Mowry at Home and on this particular episode she was whipping up some quick and easy pineapple tarts.
She began the recipe by pulling out some frozen puff pastry dough and canned sliced pineapple rings...this of course immediately piqued my interest because they just so happen to be two ingredients that I keep in my kitchen. Puff pastry is also one of those amazing ingredients that can make any recipe suddenly seem elegant and fancy. Seriously just saying 'puff pastry' oozes with an air of cocktail parties and glam and you can literally take any recipe to another level when you choose to add puff pastry.
Even though I usually have puff pastry in my freezer, I have to admit that it is not something that I use very often, but when I do it is always totally worth it and this recipe is no exception.
The mixture of sweet pineapple...
The spice of the ginger...
The flaky pastry crust...
The layer of browned sugar on the top that provides amazing texture and sweetness that really make this dessert come together in an amazing bite.
- 1 small can pineapple rings, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set aside 4 of the pineapple rings and add the remaining pineapple rings into a food processor, along with the ginger, salt, and agave. Process until smooth and well combined.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 equal squares and lay each square onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread about a rounded tablespoon full of the pineapple mixture onto the center of each puff pastry square.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the beaten egg and the top each square with a second square of puff pastry and gently press the sides together to seal.
- Brush the entire top with of the finished tart with egg wash and top with one pineapple slice and sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until the tart is golden brown.
- Allow the tarts to cool for about 5 minutes and then serve immediately with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and toppings.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Pineapple Tarts? Share them in the comments below!