This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Make this easy creamy peanut butter shake with 3 simple ingredients. The perfect cool treat that is thick, delicious and ready in minutes!
With the weather warming up, you may find yourself craving a cool treat. Today I have just the recipe to help you with that and it is a Homemade Peanut Butter Milkshake. This baby is a must-try, trust me! It is simple to make with just a few ingredients, creamy, and delicious.
Now with milkshakes, I find that people tend to fall into one of two categories. Either they love a milkshake that is thick thick or one that is thin. I definitely prefer my milkshake THICK. In order to achieve this, basically, all you need to do is add less liquid and more ice or frozen items. For a thin and creamy milkshake, simply add more liquid and less ice or frozen items. This is just a basic tip for making milkshakes. Today our milkshake will be slightly thick and creamy, basically something everyone will enjoy.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE A PEANUT BUTTER MILKSHAKE?
- Milk - For a classic milkshake, go for whole milk. After all, this is a treat and will help your milkshake be smooth and creamy. If you are sensitive to dairy, then try substituting this ingredient with soy, cashew, or oat milk. My favorite dairy-free substitute is extra creamy oat milk because it is very similar to regular whole milk.
- Vanilla ice cream - Opt for your favorite brand, but make sure it is plain ole vanilla ice cream for this recipe. For a dairy-free substitute, try using Oatly Vanilla Non-Dairy Dessert.
- Creamy peanut butter - Use your favorite in this area, just be sure that you grab the creamy peanut butter for this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE A MILKSHAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER:
Begin the recipe by grabbing a blender and measuring out the three ingredients. When measuring out the ice cream and peanut butter, be sure to pack it in.
Add the milk, vanilla ice cream, and peanut butter into the blender. Blend on medium speed until completely blended and smooth.
Pour the milkshake into two serving glasses and Enjoy!
Easy Creamy Peanut Butter Shake
- 2 ¼ cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Begin the recipe by grabbing a blender and measuring out the three ingredients. When measuring out the ice cream and peanut butter, be sure to pack it in.
- Add ¼ cup milk, 2 ¼ cups vanilla ice cream, and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter into the blender. Blend on medium speed until completely blended and smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into a serving glass for one and Enjoy!
- Pour the milkshake into two 8-ounce glasses, add straws and serve immediately or pop the shake into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes if you like it firmer.
Original post date 05/22/2013. Updated 04/30/2021.
CRAVING A FEW MORE COOL TREATS? TRY THESE:
Have any comments, questions, or other ideas to make this Easy Creamy Peanut Butter Shake better? Share them in the comments below!