This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Frozen Yogurt Freakshake is a lighter version of the decadent milkshake. It is made using frozen fruit, Greek yogurt, and your favorite candy. The perfect post-Halloween treat!
This is a great recipe to use the abundance of Halloween candy that you may have left, but try using the seasonal candy to make a batch of Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats or keep Halloween dinner simple with a French Bread Mummy Pizza.
Halloween is just around the corner in less than a month. If you celebrate Halloween, then it will be a night to dress up in your favorite costume and pretend to be someone else. There is also a tradition for kids to visit their friendly neighbors to ask for candy.
If you are not into any of that, then it may be just a regular night at home to watch your favorite scary movie while enjoying something sweet and decadent. And you already know that I can certainly help you make a quick and easy sweet treat. Like sipping on a deliciously epic freakshake.
What is a Freakshake?
Just in case you've never heard of a freakshake. It was made popular in foodie news after it first showed up at an Australian restaurant. It's a monstrously overloaded creation that is completely over the top and turns a regular milkshake into anything but normal.
After making the base of the freakshake, then you basically top it with anything that you can imagine. I'm talking candy, whipped topping, chocolate syrup, nuts, cotton candy, lollipops, pretzels. Literally, ANYTHING that you believe will be a good flavor combination. No limits!
- Frozen fruit - Choose to use any frozen fruit combination that you prefer, but I am keeping it simple by only using frozen strawberries.
- Greek yogurt - Make sure to use plain yogurt for this recipe. It will help to make the freakshake thick and creamy.
- Milk - Any milk that you prefer will work in this recipe, I love to use almond milk.
- Maple syrup - To add a bit of sweetness to the base of the freakshake. You may also choose to use agave nectar or honey instead if you prefer.
- Vanilla extract - Use pure vanilla extract instead of imitation to provide more flavor to our shake.
- Toppings - This is where you can use whatever you want and it what makes our freakshake a freakshake. I will be using a mixture of my favorite candy, creamy whipped topping, and chocolate syrup.
How to make a Freakshake
Begin the recipe by using a blender or food processor. Add in the frozen fruit, plain Greek yogurt, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Place the top on the blender or food processor and blend/process the ingredients until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
Remove the top and divide the mixture among two of your favorite glasses.
Now it is time to add your favorite toppings and do not be afraid to be generous. The more outrageous the better. Add a couple of straws and serve immediately. Enjoy!
To make a smooth and creamy freakshake, you will need a blender! Any blender will work and it does not necessarily have to be a high powered expensive blender. The blender that I use and love is a Vitamix Professional Series 750.
Add a little milk if needed. Especially if the shake is too thick and won’t completely blend. High powered blenders do a great job at powering through frozen items with very little to no liquid. However personal size and regular blenders may need a little more help in the form of more liquid. Just be sure to only add in a little at a time.
Frozen Yogurt Freakshake
- 2 cups frozen fruit
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped topping
- chocolate sauce
- your favorite candy
- your favorite nuts, chopped
- Begin the recipe by using a blender or food processor. Add in the 2 cups of frozen fruit, ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, ½ cup milk, 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Place the top on the blender or food processor and blend/process the ingredients until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes
- Remove the top and divide the mixture among two of your favorite glasses.
- Now it is time to add your favorite toppings and don't be afraid to be generous. The more outrageous the better. Add a couple of straws and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes 2 small freakshakes or 1 large one in total.
Original post date 10/31/2016. Updated 10/01/2021.
Other Halloween themed recipes
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use these Halloween inspired Frozen Yogurt Freakshakes? Please share them in the comments below!