This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Frozen Yogurt Freakshake – A lighter version made using frozen fruit, Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt, and UnReal Candy. The perfect Halloween treat!
This post was sponsored by Stonyfield Organic and UnReal Candy, but all opinions are my own.
If you celebrate Halloween, then tonight will be the night in which you will dress up and pretend to be someone or something else and parade around the streets asking for free candy. It may also be the night in which you choose to just skip all of that, stay in watching your favorite scary movie, and enjoying something that is sweet and decadent. If you decide to do the latter and that stays in and enjoy something sweet and decadent, then I can certainly help you out with that by making a quick and easy Frozen Yogurt Freakshake.
Just in case you have never heard of a freakshake before? Well, let me share with you that is has been making its rounds in popular foodie news as of late when it first showed up at an Australian restaurant. These monstrous creations are overloaded, over the top, and completely non-diet friendly. But who cares about diets anyway on Halloween…do you? Of course not because you are my people 😉 So forget about the diet just for tonight as we re-create our own version of a freakshake at home.
And since we still want to be a little bit concerned with what goes into our bodies we will be making a lighter version by using frozen fruit and Greek yogurt instead. Now you can choose to purchase ready to eat frozen yogurt or whip up it yourself by using your favorite frozen fruit combination and Stonyfield’s Organic Plain Greek Yogurt. Since I almost always have yogurt in my fridge it is much easier for me to make it myself.
Now once you have finished making your frozen yogurt in the food processor, then the fun part happens…the toppings! You can go as crazy or reserved as you would like here, but keep in mind that it is Halloween and these are also freakshakes, so do not hold back here. I am still going to be a little mindful of the candy that I am using and opt to use UnReal Candy which is sustainably sourced, free of GMOs, gluten free, soy free, and contains no artificial flavors or dyes. This candy is available at Target and Whole Foods, has much less sugar and provides a better choice AND the perfect topping for our Frozen Yogurt Freakshakes.
Frozen Yogurt Freakshake
- 2 cups frozen fruit
- 1/4 cup Stonyfield Organic Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- UnReal dark chocolate almond butter cups, quartered
- UnReal candy-coated milk chocolates
- chocolate sauce
- your favorite nuts, chopped
- whipped topping
- Using a food processor, combine the frozen fruit, Stonyfield Organic Greek yogurt, agave nectar, vanilla extract, and process until the mixture is smooth and creamy; about 5 minutes.
- Divide the frozen yogurt in 2 of your favorite glasses and top with a drizzle of chocolate sauce on each, followed by a sprinkle of your favorite chopped nuts, piling on the Unreal dark chocolate almond butter cups and UnReal candy-coated milk chocolates, followed by a swirl of whipped topping.
- Be generous with the toppings to make this treat even more monstrous!
- Stick in a straw and serve immediately.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Frozen Yogurt Freakshake? Share them in the comments below!