This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Make this easy Friday night creamy berry dessert that is a sweet berry trifle layered with strawberries, blueberries, butter pound cake and sweet cream. So simple and ready in minutes.
Summer is the best time to sit back and enjoy a fresh and cool dessert. It is a festive time of year with Memorial Day, Juneteenth, 4th of July, and Labor Day. So many holidays and reasons to gather together for family picnics, family reunions, and cookouts. You want to enjoy all the grilled, barbeque meats and sides, but cannot forget about dessert.
However, today I have a new dessert recipe for you to try and that is this creamy summer berry trifle dessert recipe. This recipe utilizes the delicious berries that are in season to whip up a fast dessert that the whole family will enjoy. Let's get started!
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE MIXED BERRY TRIFLE?
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY BERRY TRIFLE?
Begin the summer berry trifle recipe by cleaning the blueberries and strawberries. Cut each strawberry into quarters and set aside.
Cut the pound cake into small cubed pieces and set aside.
Using a mixer, add the cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add the marshmallow cream and continue mixing until fully combined. Set aside.
Start building the berry trifle in a glass trifle bowl, begin with half the cut up cake, topped by half the prepared strawberries and blueberries.
Top the berries with half of the sweet cream and spread in an even layer. Repeat the layers with the other half of cake, berries and cream.
Lastly top the sweet cream with the whipped topping in an even layer. Serve immediately or place into the refrigerator until ready to serve and enjoy!
CAN TRIFLE BE MADE A DAY AHEAD?
Yes, this recipe can absolutely made a day ahead or a few hours before serving. Simply hold off of adding the whipped topping layer until you are ready to serve. Cover the trifle bowl with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
HOW LONG CAN TRIFLE SIT OUT?
This trifle can sit out at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, any more than that, place in the refrigerator until ready to serve again.
CAN STRAWBERRY TRIFLE BE FROZEN?
This berry trifle recipe should not be frozen. It is made with fresh strawberries and blueberries with cake and cream that does not freeze well together. Prepare this particular trifle when ready to serve shortly after it is made.
Summer Berry Trifle
- 12 ounces butter pound cake
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, green removed and cut into quarters
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces whipped topping (optional)
- Begin the recipe by cleaning the 2 cups blueberries and 2 cups strawberries. Cut each strawberry into quarters and set aside.
- Cut the 12 ounces pound cake into small cubed pieces and set aside.
- Using a mixer, add the 8 ounces cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add the 7 ounces marshmallow cream and continue mixing until fully combined. Set aside.
- Start building the berry trifle in a glass trifle bowl, begin with half the cut-up cake, topped by half the prepared strawberries and blueberries.
- Top the berries with half of the sweet cream and spread in an even layer. Repeat the layers with the other half of the cake, berries and cream
- Lastly, top the sweet cream with the 8 ounces of whipped topping in an even layer. Serve immediately or place into the refrigerator until ready to serve and enjoy!
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- The butter pound cake can be substitute with angel food cake in the same unit of measure.
- The whipped topping layer is optional but completely worth adding. You can use regular whipped topping, sugar-free, or fat-free if you prefer.
- The recipe is made with strawberries and blueberries, but you can also use raspberries or blackberries if you would like.
- Allow the cream cheese to soften at room temperature before mixing, it combines better and is easier to mix with the marshmallow creme.
Original post date 06/26/2013. Updated 06/25/2021.
WANT A FEW MORE BERRY DESSERT RECIPES? TRY THESE:
Have any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Summer Berry Trifle? Please share them in the comments below!