This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Eggnog Latte is a festive holiday inspired drink that can be made at home using simple ingredients and your favorite eggnog.
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is the moment when eggnog makes its arrival in supermarkets.
This seasonal beverage is thick, sweet, and creamy. It is also loaded with the spice flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. It can be found in many versions including lactose-free, vegan, and even with alcohol for those that are 21 and over.
However you choose to enjoy eggnog, there is no denying that it is absolutely delicious on its own. But I have a way to amp it up to make it even more delicious and pair it with your morning coffee…as an Eggnog Latte.
The first time that I ever tried an Eggnog Latte was one morning on my way to work I stopped at the local Starbucks, where I was advised the holiday drinks had made their arrival. I took a look at the menu and immediately decided that I had to give the eggnog latte a try. It was worth giving a try, but I figured that I could make it myself at home.
This recipe is simple because it makes use of your favorite eggnog. Any eggnog will work for this recipe. The other ingredients that you will need are sugar, cinnamon, milk, and some strong espresso. Trust me on this one you want to use the strongest coffee that you have. If you prefer not to use espresso powder, then you can simply make some strongly brewed coffee and disregard the hot water that the recipe calls for. You can top your eggnog latte with whipped cream. If you want to give the alcoholic version a try, then add in one shot of spiced rum to each glass.
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso
- 8 ounces hot water
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- whipped cream, optional
- Prepare the instant espresso with the hot water and set aside.
- In a large glass measuring cup, stir together the eggnog, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and place into the microwave until it becomes hot and foamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir. Place back into the microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and divide among 2 glasses, slowly pour half of the coffee into each glass.
- Serve immediately or top with whipped cream.