This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to Cookies and Cream Ice Cream – No churn homemade ice cream that only requires 4 ingredients and is so creamy and delicious.
The summer is quickly ending and if you are anything like me, then you are trying to squeeze in all of the yummy cold treats that you possibly can. That definitely includes ice cream. Speaking of ice cream, I remember when I was little and each summer my dad would pull out his special ice cream maker. This thing required salt to make it work and I remember that it made the loudest sound as the container with the sweet mixture would turn around and around in the ice and salt mixture to turn the creamy base into frozen ice cream.
Now don’t get me wrong, the homemade ice cream was certainly worth the wait and the noise. I remember he would add in fresh strawberries or my favorite, peaches, and each time I would savor the sweet treat wondering why he did not make it more often.
Once I grew up, I realized exactly why he reserved this special ice cream for special occasions…it was a whole entire process to make. The creamy mixture had to be made first, followed by setting up the big machine, and I can only imagine the headache it must have been to break that thing down and clean it.
I know that with time, the ice cream machines have probably gotten much better, faster, and quiet…but today I am going to share with you a recipe that requires no machine whatsoever. That’s right; no churning is needed to enjoy homemade ice cream at home.
How to make Homemade Ice Cream:
All you need is two simple ingredients, which are whipping cream and canned sweetened condensed milk. Mix these two ingredients together plus any flavor combination that you can come up with and wiz it all together with an electric mixer. That is it! The only hard part about this recipe is waiting for it to set in the freezer.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Using a medium bowl, pour in the whipping cream, and use an electric mixer on medium speed to begin whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and continue mixing on low speed until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Using a spoon, stir in the crushed cookies and place the ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas for Cookies and Cream Ice Cream? Share them in the comments below!