This Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is the perfect no churn homemade ice cream that only requires four simple ingredients and is so creamy and delicious.
The summer is quickly approaching. If you are anything like me, then you cannot wait to enjoy as many frozen treats as possible. That definitely includes ice cream.
Speaking of ice cream, I remember when I was little and each summer my dad would pull out his special ice cream maker. This thing required salt to make it work and I remember that it made the loudest sound as the container with the sweet mixture would turn around and around in the ice and salt mixture to turn the creamy base into frozen ice cream.
Now don’t get me wrong, the homemade ice cream was certainly worth the wait and the noise. I remember he would add in fresh strawberries or peaches. Each time I would savor the sweet treat wondering why he did not make it more often.
Once I grew up, I realized exactly why he reserved this special ice cream for special occasions. It was a whole entire process to make. The creamy mixture had to be made first, followed by setting up the big machine, and I can only imagine the headache it must have been to break that thing down and clean it.
I know that with time, ice cream machines are better, faster and quiet…but today I am going to share with you a recipe that requires no machine whatsoever. That’s right, no churning is needed to enjoy homemade ice cream at home.
How to make Homemade Ice Cream:
To make no churn ice cream, all you need is two simple ingredients, which are whipping cream and canned sweetened condensed milk. Mix these two ingredients together plus any flavor combination that you can come up with and wiz it all together with an electric mixer. That is it! The only hard part about this recipe is waiting for it to set in the freezer.
What ingredients are needed to make no churn ice cream?
How to make this cookies and cream ice cream recipe?
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cups chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Using a medium size mixing bowl, pour in the 2 cups whipping cream, and use an electric mixer on medium speed to begin whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Pour in the 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk and continue mixing on low speed until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add in the 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Using a spoon, stir in the ⅔ cups crushed cookies and place the ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from the freezer to serve in an ice cream cone or bowl. Store in the freezer in an airtight container.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Original post date 08/28/2017. Updated 06/9/2021. Updated photos are by Gabby of Cookie Dough Diaries
WANT A FEW MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES? TRY THESE:
Have any comments, questions, or other ideas for this No Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream? Please share them in the comments below!