This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Pound Cake Recipe – This recipe makes a delicious pound cake using a few basic ingredients. The cake is rich in flavor and simple in technique.
This post was thankfully sponsored by Stonyfield Organic, King Arthur Flour, and Dreamfarm Levoons, but all opinions are my own.
If I were to be completely honest with you, then I would have to say that I do believe I was raised up on pound cake. I say this because it was not only my mother’s favorite cake to make, but it was also present at each church function, family gathering, and special occasion dinner. It may have been lemon flavored, covered with a sweet sugary glaze, or chocolate with or without a rich chocolate frosting, but regardless of what variation it took on, trust and believe I would be having a slice, or two.
To make a pound cake you only need a few basic ingredients…butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla. Baking soda to give the cake rise or as I like to call it the magic in the recipe. Now normally when my mother would make her pound cake she would almost always use sour cream, but I decided to use Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt instead because it is organic, contains no GMOs, and is easy to find in your local grocery store. And of course you cannot have a cake without flour, but when it comes to flour, not just any will do and that is when you have to add in King Arthur’s 100% Organic flour to the mix. Toss each of these ingredients into a mixing bowl, bake, and then you will have yourself a delicious pound cake from scratch that you can have a slice, or two.
Easy Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Greek Plain (Whole Milk) yogurt
- 3 cups King Arthur 100% Organic all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using a tube/bundt cake pan, grease the pan or spray with cooking spray, lightly flour, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the King Arthur all-purpose flour and the baking soda which I measured with the oh so handy Levoons leveling measuring spoons. Set the flour mixture aside.
- Using a mixer, blend together the butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the eggs and continue mixing well.
- Add the Stonyfield Organic yogurt and mix until the batter becomes smooth.
- Turn the mixer on low speed and slowly add the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Once the flour has become fully blended into the batter add in the vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared baking pan and place in the oven to bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a baking rack with the cake still in the pan and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Trace a knife around the edge of the baking pan to help you to remove the cake.
- Place a plate on top of the baking pan and using both hands, flip the cake pan upside down placing the plate on the countertop.
- Slowly remove the baking pan. Slice the cake and serve.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Easy Pound Cake Recipe? Share them in the comments below!