This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cookies and Cream Popcorn - Easy 3 ingredient recipe that creates a sweet, salty, and crunchy snack that everyone will enjoy!
Popcorn is a staple in my house. Now I may occasionally run out of milk and bread, but you can be sure that somewhere in my kitchen there is always popcorn. Growing up my parents loved popcorn and so I have so many amazing childhood memories associated with popcorn. Like I remember piling into the car, before seat belts were required, and heading to the drive-in movie theater with our snacks already in the car.
One of the best treats of the whole outing is that my mom would always pop enough popcorn to fill a brown paper grocery bag and everyone would take turns holding the bag while each one of us would reach our hands into the bag of buttery delicious popcorn while enjoying a movie on the big screen.
I will also never forget the time that I stumbled upon a container of rainbow popcorn kernels in the supermarket and for weeks I begged my mom to buy it even though she warned me that it would just make regular popcorn because only the kernels were dyed those colors.
But me being the young persistent child that I was, of course, I had to see this for myself and so my mom finally gave in one day and purchased the over-priced rainbow popcorn kernels, took them home, and popped them. And do you know what happened? My mom was right and those beautifully colored popcorn kernels turn into regular ole popcorn. I was SO disappointed and I never asked for her to buy that popcorn ever again.
Did I still eat the popcorn after my disappointment you may ask? Of course, I did! No point in wasting some perfectly good popcorn. Right? But did you know that the month of October is National Popcorn Poppin' Month? So, of course, I had to share a yummy recipe with you and even though original buttery popcorn is great, there are so many other quick and easy ways that you can dress up your popcorn and make it your very own before the month ends.
This recipe for cookies and cream popcorn incorporates chocolate sandwich cookies and melted white chocolate to make a salty, sweet, and crunchy popcorn recipe that everyone is sure to love.
Cookies and Cream Popcorn
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 6 cups popped popcorn (use pre-made or microwave popcorn for an easier recipe)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the popped popcorn into a large bowl and using a food processor, place in the sandwich cookies, and pulse until it resembles a coarse meal and set aside.
- If you do not have a food processor, then place the cookies into a gallon size Ziploc bag, close the bag, and roll a rolling pin over the bag to crush the cookies.
- Using a double boiler or the microwave melt the white chocolate until it is fully melted and smooth.
- If you do use the microwave be sure to keep an eye on the chocolate as not to burn it.
- You should not have to microwave it for longer than 1 minute.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the popcorn in the large bowl and then add in the crushed cookies and stir until evenly distributed throughout the popcorn.
- Pour the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet, spread, and allow the popcorn to cool.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Cookies and Cream Popcorn? Share them in the comments below!