This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Brown Sugar Baked Peaches is a quick and easy dessert that is made with fresh peaches, brown sugar, butter, and ground cinnamon. A perfect simple treat to pair with your favorite scoop of ice cream.
If you have been following me for a while then you already know how much I love peaches!
They are one of my most favorite fruit options and I love creating recipes with them whenever I can. Especially when peaches are in season, I try to fully enjoy them because their season is so short. Peaches are tender, juicy, and slightly sweet which makes them perfect to use in dessert recipes.
Today I will share with you a recipe that is so simple, but so delicious. This recipe for baked peaches requires minimal ingredients and can be baking in the oven while eating dinner so it can be ready immediately after for a warm dessert. Being warm is important if you decide to top it with a scoop of ice cream because it will melt and the combination of sweet, warm, and creamy ice cream makes the perfect dessert.
Let’s get started with the process of baking peaches!
What ingredients are needed to make baked peaches?
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
How to make this brown sugar baked peaches recipe:
Begin the recipe by cleaning the peaches, cut them in half and remove the pit for each. Place skin side down in a square 8×8-inch baking dish. Divide the cut butter and place in the area where the pit was in the center of each peach.
Evenly top each peach half with 1 to 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and 1/8 teaspoon sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Place into the oven and bake until the peaches are tender and the bubble, about 30 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven and serve warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Do I have to blanch the peaches before baking?
No, not for this recipe it is not necessary. Baking the peaches at the instructed temperature will allow the peaches time to soften while baking in the oven. Depending on how ripe your peaches are you may have to adjust the cooking time. For ripe or softer peaches decrease the amount of time, for peaches that are not ripe or hard when you squeeze, add an additional 5 minutes to the cooking time.
Do I have to peel the peaches?
It is not necessary to peel the peaches for this recipe, but if you prefer to you may do so. The skin will soften as it bakes in the oven so it is fine to leave the skin on and not peel. Plus you get the added benefits of the nutrients the entire fruit provides.
Brown Sugar Baked Peaches
- 4 fresh peaches
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 8 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Begin the recipe by cleaning the peaches, cut them in half and remove the pit for each. Place skin side down in a square 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Divide the cubed butter and place in the area where the pit was in the center of each peach, about 1/2 tablespoon per peach half.
- Evenly top each peach half with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1/8 teaspoon sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Place into the oven and bake until the peaches are tender and the bubble, about 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 1 day.
- May use light or dark brown sugar, either is fine for this recipe.
- For a sweeter recipe may increase the amount of brown sugar to 2 teaspoons per peach half.
- To brown the top of the peach, turn the oven to the broil setting the last 5 minutes on high and remove once lightly browned. Watch carefully.
- Serve this recipe alone or with a scoop of ice cream while still warm.
Need more easy peach recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use these Brown Sugar Baked Peaches? Please share them in the comments below!