This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Martha Stewart One-Pan Pasta is a quick and easy recipe that combines pasta, tomatoes, basil, and garlic for a fast, filling and delicious meal.
If you have been following me for any length of time, then you already know that I love a meal that is simple to prepare in a short amount of time. I mean seriously, who wants to spend hours in the kitchen just to make sure the family has a meal? Not me!
With that being said, I am always on the hunt for things that I can do to shorten the time that it takes to prepare a meal. So, when I stumbled upon Martha Stewart’s One-Pan Pasta recipe, I quickly bookmarked it and saved it for a day when I would need a new recipe.
If I am being honest with you, then I completely forgot all about the recipe, and where I had saved it. I blame technology because it allows me to hide and save things for later in so many different places. However, the good thing about that is every once in a while I will scroll through those places and purge things that I have already tried or no longer need.
And wouldn’t you know it…I found this hidden pasta recipe, and had to give it a try immediately and share it with you all.
Want to know more details about the Martha Stewart One-Pan Pasta?
This recipe is simple because it allows you to place all of the ingredients into a shallow skillet at once and wait for it to boil. Once the water comes to a boil, it will steam all of the ingredients together and make everything tender and delicious.
What ingredients are needed to make this one pot pasta recipe?
This dish is full of so much flavor with the addition of onion, olive oil, and basil. It also adds in a bit of spice with the addition of red pepper flakes, if you are serving this to young children or not a fan of spicy food, then you can omit this step and it will still be just as delicious.
- Linguine pasta
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
How to make a tasty one pot pasta?
Martha Stewart One-Pan Pasta
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs basil
- 4 ½ cups water
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- In a large skillet over high heat, combine the 12 ounces linguine pasta, 12 ounces tomatoes, 1 small sliced onion, 4 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 springs of basil and 4 ½ cups of water. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Bring the water to a boil, while stirring and turning the pasta frequently with a pair of tongs to endure everything cooks evenly.
- Once the pasta is al dente and the water has nearly evaporated from the pan, give the pasta a taste and feel free to season with a little more salt and ground black pepper before serving.
- Serve immediately topped with some grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days and reheat before serving.
Original post date 04/04/2018. Updated 04/12/2021. Updated photos are by Gabby of Cookie Dough Diaries
Want more easy pasta dishes? Try these:
- One Pot Broccoli Mac and Cheese – a creamy and delicious pasta dish that the whole family is sure to love. Cheesy, healthy, and loaded with flavor.
- Easy Tomato Basil Pasta – Made using simple, fresh, and delicious ingredients to make the perfect quick and easy meal. Perfect anytime.
- Creamy Alfredo with Bacon and Peas – a filling and delicious pasta meal with a creamy alfredo sauce, crispy bacon, and sweet peas. So tasty!
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas about this Martha Stewart One-Pan Pasta? Share them in the comments below!