This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creamy Alfredo with Bacon and Peas is a filling and delicious pasta meal with a creamy alfredo sauce, crispy bacon, and sweet peas. So tasty!
By now I think that it is pretty safe to say that I and this blog are all about quick and easy meals and desserts.
I am pretty sure that you find yourself just like me in regards to being short on time, but still wanting to cook yourself, family, and friends a decent homemade meal.
When I was growing up we rarely…and I mean rarely…ate out. My mother cooked a home cooked meal each and every day and dinner was served at the dinner table around the same time each and every evening. To eat out back then, was rare and considered a special treat reserved for occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries; which were considered a very big deal. And I will be the first to tell you that these meals were serious Sunday dinner type meals…no hamburger helper or meals from a freezer section was ever involved and the cornbread was always made from scratch and hot from the oven.
Nowadays I may not create a Sunday dinner type meal on a Wednesday evening, but the desire to be in control of what I feed my family is still there. I also prefer to make a homemade meal for my family instead of grabbing fast food. Instead, I try to find and create recipes that combine a few ingredients and help me to have dinner on the table fast; in an hour or less.
And we still manage to have a pizza at least once a week!
Creamy Alfredo with Bacon and Peas
- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large, deep skillet cook four slices of chopped bacon over medium heat until crispy. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds and then drain off fat.
- Stir in pasta, chicken broth, water, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender but still firm.
- Stir in the frozen peas, whipping cream, and Parmesan cheese. Continue cooking and stir for about 2 minutes more or until everything is heated through.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional crumbled bacon and cheese.
Got any comments, questions, or ways to serve this Creamy Alfredo with Bacon and Peas? Share them in the comments below!