This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Roasted Chicken Thighs with potatoes and carrots is a simple and delicious meal that is comforting, flavorful, and delicious. The perfect weeknight meal!
How is it even possible that we’re already in the month of March? I felt like the month of January dragged on forever and February was literally over before it started. So can someone please help me to understand how fast time is moving?
This year I have been diligent about making sure I make time to workout consistently each week and make better food choices. I am not a fan of diet culture or the need to be defined by the numbers on the scale, but I do want to make sure that my body is stronger and…well…lasts. It is no secret that I am a woman of a certain age, 41, and each year it becomes more and more important for me to make health and wellness a priority.
Since I have been regularly showing up at the gym, I notice a difference in my body. This has definitely had an impact on the food that I choose to help fuel my body. I try to make sure I am feeding my body real food and less processed. More lean meats, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats. In the interest of time, this also means creating meals that are simple and can be made in minutes.
Want to know more?
One meal that I have been making each week is Roasted Chicken Thighs with potatoes and carrots. It is a one-pan recipe that I make in a cast iron skillet that is comforting, filling, and flavorful. It contains four chicken thighs that are rubbed with butter and coated in a delicious spice rub that contains brown sugar. The roasted chicken thighs are cooked on top of a mixture of cubed red potatoes and cut carrots. It is the perfect meal on its own, but can also be separated out into meal prep containers to enjoy throughout the week.
Roasted Chicken Thighs with Potatoes and Carrots
- 1.5 cups red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup baby carrots, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a cast iron skillet, add the potatoes, carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper, and toss until evenly distributed.
- Spread evenly at the bottom of the skillet.
- In a small shallow dish, stir together the brown sugar, garlic powder, thyme, paprika, and salt. Set aside.
- Rub each chicken thigh with a quarter of the butter and rub in the spice mixture.
- Place on top of the vegetables in the cast iron skillet. Continue with each chicken thigh.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and the vegetables are fork tender.
- Carefully remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Do you have any tips, kitchen hacks, or ideas for these Roasted Chicken Thighs? Please share them in the comments below!