This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Italian Sausage and Bean Soup – Quick and easy one-pot soup that cooks up in less than 20 minutes. Hearty and comforting for the whole family to enjoy!
It is that time of the year in which the weather is becoming cooler and you begin to crave a piping hot bowl of soup.
The best thing about soup is that it is a great time saver because you basically add all of the ingredients into a single pot and allow the ingredients to come together to make a delicious meal. Soup can be full of meat and hearty vegetables or a simple broth. When it comes to soup, the possibilities and flavor combinations are truly endless.
I prefer a soup that is easy to make but still full of flavor. I also love a good soup that has minimal ingredients, so today I will share with you a recipe that does just that, and it is for Italian Sausage and Bean Soup.
This soup begins by cooking some Italian sausage until it browns. Now you can choose to use the sweet, mild, or hot Italian sausage here. If you would like to add a bit of heat to your individual portion, then feel free to sprinkle in some red pepper flakes. Once the sausage has been cooked and drained, next comes the easy part and that is to pour in a jar of your favorite pasta sauce, beans, and water. Lastly, you will add some coleslaw mix to give you some added vegetables and a little bit of crunch, if you want to add more or the coleslaw mix, then do it. Once all of the ingredients have been added to the pot, cover it up, and allow it to cook until you are ready to serve.
This soup can be served with your favorite bread or paired with a side salad.
Italian Sausage and Bean Soup
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 jar garlic and herb pasta sauce (or your favorite)
- 2 cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups coleslaw mix
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook the Italian sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
- In the same pot over medium-high heat, add in the pasta sauce, beans, and water stirring everything to combine.
- Once the soup comes to a boil, add in the coleslaw mix and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot with your favorite bread.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Italian Sausage and Bean Soup? Share them in the comments below!