This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This delicious Keto Ranch Dressing that is tangy, creamy, and flavorful. Low in carbs and perfect to top a salad or drizzle over your favorite vegetables. Whips up in minutes.
So if you have been following me for a while, then you may recall that I decided to give the keto way of eating a try. It was around the same time that I posted a recipe for Almond Coconut Flour Bread.
Well, I managed to stick with keto for a couple of months before calling it quits. I did manage to lose weight, but I wasn’t happy with eating so much butter. I was following a particular person that suggested eating butter with every meal along with few vegetables and even less fruit.
I was miserable.
Recently I decided to do my own research and consult a nutrition specialist to see if keto was worth me giving it another try. I have been on it for two weeks and so far I’m feeling much better about it.
I have more understanding of keto-friendly food and I don’t have to eat butter…unless I want to. I still love having a good salad and eating raw vegetables, but I have a craving for low carb salad dressing. Now I know I can find them in the grocery store but I like the idea of make it myself.
Especially a good low carb ranch dressing that has few ingredients and can be made in minutes in a single bowl.
What ingredients are needed for Keto Ranch Dressing?
- Sour Cream
- Buttermilk (I’ll explain more about this later, just trust me.)
- Dried herbs or fresh
Is Buttermilk OK on Keto?
Buttermilk is a dairy that is fine on keto in moderation. It is higher in carbohydrates. The buttermilk that I use has 14 grams per 1 cup. This recipe only requires ¼ cup of buttermilk for 16 tablespoon size servings. The total carb amount for the recipe is about 5 grams per serving.
Can you use heavy cream in place of buttermilk?
Yes. If you prefer to substitute heavy cream, you may do so just be sure to add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to the recipe and adjust the nutrition as needed.
How to make Low Carb Ranch Dressing:
In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, onion powder, parsley, garlic powder, dill, salt, mustard powder and celery salt. Stir well to combine all the ingredients together.
Cover the bowl and place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. Store the ranch dressing in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
How to use low carb dressing?
- Dip in some sliced vegetables.
- Use on the side of chicken wings.
- Drizzle over a low carb salad.
- Top a piece of grilled chicken.
There are more ways to use this dressing, these are just a few suggestions but get creative.
Keto Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, onion powder, parsley, garlic powder, dill, salt, mustard powder and celery salt.
- Stir well to combine all the ingredients together.
- Cover the bowl and place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store the ranch dressing in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Want more low carb recipes? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ideas for this low carb ranch? Please share them in the comments below!