This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe is the perfect balance of creamy and tangy. Loaded with flavor and perfect to use on your favorite salad mix, drizzle on top of tacos, or use to dip fresh vegetables.
With the arriving of summer, I definitely find myself eating more salad than usual.
It is largely because I live in Florida and the heat and humidity make you not want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen over a hot stove to make a meal. In addition, there are so many great vegetables in season that making a salad is such a good way to utilize them.
When it comes to salads, anything goes and if you have been following me here on the blog then you already know that I love having a salad with a lot of stuff in it. No boring salads with iceberg lettuce and a few cherry tomatoes here. None of that. When I think about a salad, then the dressing is just as important and although I do have my favorite pre-made salad dressings, I also love to whip up my own at home using a few simple ingredients.
For a creamy based salad dressing, I love using Greek yogurt because it is affordable and easy to locate in the dairy section of the grocery store. Today I will share with you a recipe for a quick and easy cilantro lime dressing that goes perfect with any salad.
Be sure to give this dressing a try!
What ingredients are needed for this cilantro lime salad dressing?
- Lime juice
- Greek yogurt
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
How to make cilantro lime dressing:
Using a food processor, add in the cloves of garlic and process to mince.
Add in the fresh cilantro, plain Greek yogurt, lime juice, and process until smooth.
Slowly stream in the olive oil and apple cider vinegar until emulsified.
Add in salt to taste and place in a jar with a lid or airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Ways to use this cilantro dressing:
- Salad - use this dressing to top your favorite salad mix. It is perfect to use with Tex-Mex or Mexican flavors. Try making a salad with baby spring mix, corn, black beans, tomato, and avocado.
- Tacos - drizzle on top of your favorite taco to add another layer of flavor.
- Dip - use it as a dip for your favorite raw vegetables as a snack option.
- Burritos or Burrito Bowls - add to compliment any burrito or burrito bowl for a little something extra.
Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- Using a food processor, add in the 2 cloves of garlic and process to mince.
- Add in the 1 cup of cilantro, ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, lime juice, and process until smooth.
- Slowly stream in the ¼ cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar until emulsified.
- Add in salt to taste and place in a jar with a lid or airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Want more simple salad and dressing ideas? Try these:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ideas for this Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe? Please share them in the comments below!