This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Garlic Green Beans – Fresh green beans dressed up with sauteed garlic, salt, pepper, and white wine vinegar to make this side dish anything but boring.
I recently had someone ask me if I would ever consider vlogging because it would be nice to get to know me a little bit better. My first thought was that my life is boring as hell and me showing what I do throughout the day would be an endless cycle of you seeing me doing the same thing repeatedly.
Trust me my life is really not that interesting, but it did make me consider sharing a few moments of my life here and there. Therefore, I will make more of an effort to share live videos on Facebook and Instagram stories once I figure out exactly how to do that. I also am on Snapchat but other than opening, an account I have yet to do anything else with it…I will work on that. I do want to connect more with you.
But enough about that.
Sometimes with fresh veggies, all you really need is a few basics ingredients to make them taste delicious. With this recipe, those basic ingredients are salt, pepper, oil, and a splash of vinegar at the end. Plus you probably already have most of these items in your kitchen.
The first thing you will do to make these garlic green beans is to make the garlic oil by heating garlic, olive oil, and a pinch of sugar in the microwave. This really gives the green beans their flavor and helps to soften the garlic much faster. Next, you will sauté the green beans in the garlicky oil for a few minutes and finish the recipe by adding some white wine vinegar, which makes this dish tasty and fresh.
This recipe is also quick and easy to prepare within a few minutes and is the perfect side dish for any meal.
Garlic Green Beans
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of sugar
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic slices, olive oil, a pinch of sugar, and microwave for 45 seconds until the garlic has softened.
- In a medium skillet, heat half of the garlic oil over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- Add the green beans, water, cover, and cook the green beans about 3 minutes or until the green beans are bright green.
- Add in the other half of the garlic oil, cover, and cook for another 3 minutes. Uncover the green beans and stir occasionally cooking the beans for another 3 minutes, until the garlic becomes golden.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Garlic Green Beans? Share them in the comments below!