This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
There is nothing like a good homemade biscuit! Especially when it is a homemade biscuit straight out of the oven. This easy recipe will make it happen.
There is nothing like a good homemade biscuit!
The soft fresh bread coming steamy out of a hot oven.
A Golden brown crispy top brushed with salty melted butter.
The warm soft center that is so light and so fluffy.
With a brown crispy bottom that provides an extra layer of crunch as well as the base of so much goodness.
Biscuits are amazing…actually I think that any bread straight out of the oven is amazing, but especially biscuits because they seem like they require so much work that you don’t see them around as often. Now don’t get me wrong…frozen biscuits have their purpose and can be just as delicious and ready in minutes, but for those other times, you just have to take a chance on making them yourself. For those times, be sure to give this recipe a try as it has minimal ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen, and this recipe is super easy to make.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoons cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups unsalted butter, cold and cut in small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt, set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk and set aside.
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until it resembles a meal and the butter is about the size of a pea. Mix the in the milk and egg mixture into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until it comes together to form a dough ball.
- Roll the dough into a ball, flour the work surface, and then using a rolling pin roll out the dough and cut the biscuits out using a biscuit cutter. Place the cut biscuits onto the prepared pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with additional butter if you would like and serve immediately.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Homemade Biscuits? Share them in the comments below!