This recipe makes the best muffins ever…the subtle banana flavor mixed in with chocolate make them super moist and so good when they come straight out of the oven.
They never last long in my house 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 2 big bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Special equipment: 1 (12-cup) nonstick muffin tin with 12 paper cupcake liners
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas (mash with fork or potato masher), egg, melted butter and milk until incorporated.
Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients just until blended (but do not over-mix as it could result in a tough muffin).
Stir in the chopped semi-sweet chocolate.
Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
**The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.