This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These No Bake Eggnog Cookies are perfect if you love eggnog and need a quick cookies recipe that requires no baking. Chewy, creamy, and flavorful!
Merry Christmas Eve!
If you are in need of a quick cookie recipe to snack on while gift-wrapping or for the kids to leave for Santa, then I got you covered.
This recipe is an easy eggnog cookie recipe that does not require the use of the inside of your oven. However, it will require you to use the stovetop for a few minutes. But I promise it will be painless because you will combine several of the ingredients into a large pot and stir.
Then you will add in a few more ingredients and stir a little more.
These cookies are made using quick oats, so the beginning of the recipe feels very similar to making oatmeal. Then you will scoop the cookies onto a baking sheet and wait for them to get thick and set before eating. They have a thick and chewy texture from the addition of the oatmeal. And they are the perfect combination of everything that you love about eggnog with the use of your favorite eggnog and ground nutmeg.
Trust me you will not be disappointed in this recipe and Santa is sure to love them 😉
What ingredients for soft eggnog cookies?
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- unsalted butter
- ground nutmeg
- instant vanilla pudding
- vanilla extract
- quick oats
How to Make Eggnog Cookies:
In a large pot, bring the granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggnog, and ground nutmeg to a boil and allow it to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the instant vanilla pudding until it is thoroughly combined.
Stir in the vanilla extract and quick oats. Allow the mixture to sit undisturbed for about 5 minutes to thicken.
Spoon the cookies onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet and allow the cookies to set (harden). Store in an airtight container.
No Bake Eggnog Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding (3.4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups quick oats
- In a large pot, stir together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggnog, and ground nutmeg.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 2 minutes while stirring constantly
- Carefully remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the small box of instant vanilla pudding until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and quick oats until combined. Allow the cookie mixture to sit undisturbed for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the eggnog cookie mixture onto the prepared baking sheet any size that you would prefer.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow them to set. Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- If you would like to use less sugar in the recipe or a sugar substitute, it will work just as well. Since these are no-bake cookies, they are easier to cusomize.
- May substitute the eggnog for heavy cream in the same unit of measurement.
- May store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container or in the refrigerator.
- Quick oats or quick cooking oats cannot be substituted in this recipe.
- If you prefer to use a different instant pudding, other than vanilla, feel free to do so.
Want more Holiday Dessert Recipes? Try These:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ideas for these No Bake Eggnog Cookies? Please share them in the comments below!