This recipe for Homemade Cranberry Bliss Bars is a sweet blondie bar topped with cream cheese frosting and a white chocolate drizzle. A Starbucks inspired recipe that you can make at home yourself.
If you enjoy the flavors of cranberry and orange, then be sure to try making a batch of Cranberry Orange Scones. For more Starbucks inspired seasonal recipes this holiday season, make an Eggnog Latte or Gingerbread Latte.
I am a huge fan of Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars. Seriously, I cannot wait for this time of the year when they become available and I make sure to enjoy as many of them as I can.
However, this year was the first year that I decided to try making my own version at home and I'm so happy to share that recipe with you today. It begins with a blondie type bar loaded with flavor. Topped with a sweet and creamy frosting and a drizzle of melted white chocolate as well as some tart dried cranberries. It is the perfect combination of sweet, tart, and creamy in one amazing bite.
Now let's get into this delicious recipe!
- All-purpose flour - Regular unbleached or plain all-purpose flour. This recipe has not been tested with any flour substitute, but if you try it, then please let me know in the comments how it goes.
- Ground cinnamon - Adds another depth of spice flavor to this dessert recipe.
- Salt - Balances out the sweet flavor. I primarily use kosher salt when baking.
- Brown sugar - Use light brown sugar for the best results, but if you only have dark brown sugar, then you may use that instead.
- Butter - Melt the butter and allow it to come to room temperature before adding to the mixture.
- Egg - Use a large egg in this recipe to bind the bar mixture together.
- Vanilla extract - Vanilla bean paste in the same unit of measure can be used instead.
- Orange zest - Cuts some of the sweetness and adds a bit of citrus/acid.
- White chocolate chips - Melted to drizzled on top to add another layer of sweet flavor.
- Dried cranberries - Used in the bars and to sprinkle on top. Provides a sweet and tart flavor.
- Cream cheese - Makes the frosting. Allow it to sit at room temperature to soften a bit for easier mixing.
- Powdered sugar - Also known as confectioners sugar. Help to create the frosting and make it sweet and thick.
See the recipe card below for exact quantities.
Begin the recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8x8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
Add the brown sugar mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined, careful not to overmix. Stir in the vanilla extract and orange zest. Fold in ½-cup white chocolate chips and ¼ cup dried cranberries until evenly distributed.
Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish until smooth and even. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges have lightly browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Once finished baking, remove from the oven and allow cooling completely on a wire rack.
To make the frosting, in a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
Frost the cooled bars and sprinkle with ¼ cup dried cranberries. Melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container, stopping frequently to stir, and be careful not to burn. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the bars. Allow the bars to set for 15-20 minutes before cutting to serve and enjoy!
The cranberry bliss bars can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Allow them to come to room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Homemade Cranberry Bliss Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8x8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the brown sugar mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine, careful not to overmix. Stir in the 1 teaspoon vanilla and ½ teaspoon orange zest. Fold in ½-cup white chocolate chips and ¼ cup dried cranberries until evenly distributed.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish until smooth and even. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges have lightly browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Once finished baking, remove from the oven and allow cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips in a microwave safe container, stopping frequently to stir, and be careful not to burn. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the bars.
- Allow the bars to set for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting to serve and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands used, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Original post date 12/11/2017. Updated 12/13/2021. Updated photos are by Gabby of Cookie Dough Diaries.
Also...I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program.
Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you the reader to purchase a fun virtual sticker as a direct way to show support and appreciation for the recipe content on this food blog.
It’s a great way to share which content you value the most and why. Every time you decide to send a paid sticker, you can add a personal message. These are not only sent directly to me, but they also translate into revenue to support the work that goes into providing you with more great content.
You can locate the Thank with Google feature at the top of this blog post and in the sidebar. If you decide to test it out please share your thoughts and as always, thank you for your support.
More Holiday Recipes
Have any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Homemade Cranberry Bliss Bars? Please share them in the comments below!