This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This French Bread Mummy Pizza is the perfect way to get ready for Halloween. It's a simple to make pizza recipe that is ready in less than 30 minutes with just a few ingredients.
This is a great quick meal recipe to use any time during the month of October in preparation for Halloween. For a sweet treat to pair with this cute French bread pizza try making a batch of Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats or sip of a candy-filled Frozen Yogurt Freakshake.
Are you ready for Halloween? Purchased the candy and costume yet?
I will share with you that once your children reach teenagers, Halloween isn't the same. They make plans with their friends and leave you behind. It's all part of growing up.
For me, there's no running from store to store trying to find the perfect costume that your child told you that he wanted months ago. I may not have to deal with that this year, but at least my family can have a simple dinner that requires less time, ingredients, and something the whole family can enjoy at any age.
- French bread - Grab a loaf of freshly baked French bread from your local grocery store bakery.
- Butter - Any butter that you have on hand will work, salted or unsalted both work fine for this pizza recipe.
- Garlic - Try using fresh garlic if available or the pre-minced in a jar will work as well.
- Olive oil - Any olive oil that you have.
- Parmesan cheese - Find grated Parmesan cheese in the cheese section of your local grocery store. Make sure it is finely grated if pre-grated or get a whole piece of cheese and grate it yourself with a box grater.
- Italian seasoning - This will help to add additional flavor to the pizza. You can also add some crushed red pepper if you would like some added heat/spice.
- Mozzarella cheese - Mozzarella cheese slices or a block that you can slice yourself work best to create the 'bandages' of the mummy.
- Marinara sauce - Any that you prefer will work.
- Black olives - This will create the mummy eyes on the pizza.
Begin the recipe by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. and slice a loaf of French bread evenly down the middle to create two halves. Flatten out the middle of each piece by pressing it down firmly with your hands. Place onto a baking sheet/sheet pan and set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together the butter, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and grated Parmesan cheese.
Next, spread this mixture evenly onto the center of each loaf of French bread.
With the bread still on the baking sheet, place it into the oven to bake for 6 to 10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
Carefully remove from the oven and spread the marinara sauce on the toasted French bread, top with your favorite toppings, and then place your sliced mozzarella cheese on top and along with the two olives for the eyes.
Place under the broiler on low until the cheese is melted and heated throughout. Keep an eye on it while it is in the oven. Carefully remove from the pizza oven. Slice and serve while still warm. Enjoy!
If you have any leftovers of this pizza, place it in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.
French Bread Mummy Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian ( or pizza) seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- your favorite pizza toppings (optional)
- 9 ounces sliced thinly mozzarella cheese
- 4 sliced black olives
- Begin the recipe by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. and slice a loaf of French bread evenly down the middle to create two halves.
- Flatten out the middle of each piece by pressing it down firmly with your hands. Place onto a baking sheet/sheet pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the 4 tablespoons butter, 2 cloves of minced garlic, ½ tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, and 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese.
- Next, spread this mixture evenly onto the center of each loaf of French bread. With the bread still on the baking sheet, place it into the oven to bake for 6 to 10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Carefully remove from the oven and spread the 1 cup marinara sauce on the toasted French bread, top with your favorite toppings (optional), and then place your 9 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese on top and along with the two sliced black olives for the eyes.
- Place under the broiler on low until the cheese is melted and heated throughout. Keep an eye on it while it is in the oven. Carefully remove from the pizza oven. Slice and serve while still warm. Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Original post date 10/28/2015. Updated 10/13/2021.
More Halloween Recipes
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use this Halloween inspired French Bread Mummy Pizza? Please share them in the comments below!
Who knew pizza could be so cute? 🙂
I know right!!
These are so cute and I am all about simple stuff! We don't celebrate Halloween in the traditional sense but we do activities and stuff so they don't feel completely left out. These may be a good dinner idea for Halloween day.
Thank you! This is a good recipe to try Halloween day 🙂
Seriously, the cutest idea ever! We don't have a party to go to this year but we will have some friends over Halloween night for group trick or treating and I think these would be perfect for the kids!
So fun! These pizzas were perfect for Friday night dinner and the kids were so excited. The garlicky herb butter made them extra flavorful and they were so easy to put together.
Thank you Cassie! So happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the Mummy Pizzas!