This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats combine gooey melted marshmallow, crispy rice cereal, and chewy candy corn. It is the perfect Halloween treat.
I absolutely love Rice Krispie Treats! The combination of gooey marshmallow, melted butter, and crispy rice cereal is the best treat ever. I have made and shared them several times on the blog.
Along the way, I learned that adding in a bit of vanilla extract and extra marshmallows, not only adds in another depth of flavor but also makes them super gooey and soft.
Something else I learned during the process of making my many batches is that adding in another ingredient such as sprinkles, crushed cookies, and candy takes this treat to the next level. So with this, anytime I can add in something to make these gooey rice crispy treats extra special…I go for it.
That brings us to Halloween and one of the most controversial candies out there, and that is candy corn. Some people love it while others completely hate it and cannot understand why it ever existed. I will admit that it is not my favorite candy, but I do get a bit of nostalgia when I see its arrival in stores during this time of year.
It is classic.
It is chewy.
It is cheap…the perfect no-frills candy.
And what is something that we can do with this candy to upgrade it you may ask?
Put it in a batch of Halloween inspired Rice Krispie Treats.
Now trust me, even if you are not a fan of candy corn, you may like this recipe. In one square you get gooey marshmallow, crispy rice cereal, with the occasional soft chewy bite every now and then of the candy corn all in one. It is so much going on with this treat, but it is so worth it. Try it!
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 ½ bags mini marshmallows (15 ozs.)
- 4.5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup candy corn
- Spray a 9 x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and allow everything to melt together.
- Quickly stir in the vanilla.
- Remove from the pot from the heat and stir in the crispy rice cereal until well combined.
- During the last few seconds of stirring add in the candy corn and stir to distribute evenly.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan and allow them to set for at least 1 hour before cutting into your desired shapes and size.