This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Jerk Chicken Tacos – I share with you today on the blog an easy recipe using the jerk seasoning that I picked up while on vacation in the Turks.
You may remember that I recently shared with you that every Monday during the month of April I would be sharing with you some of my Caribbean vacation photos as well as a recipe using some of the local ingredients that I was able to pick up while on my trip. Just in case you missed any of the previous destinations then I will link them here for you to check out:
- Amber Cove, Dominican Republic – Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- St. Thomas, Virgin Islands – Rum Cake
- San Juan, Puerto Rico – Chocolate Banana Mocha Smoothie
The final stop on my trip was to the Grand Turk which is famously known for their production of sea salt, which I was able to pick up as well as some amazing local jerk seasoning.
On this stop, I was able to take a tour of the beautiful island which had wild horses and donkeys everywhere. We would literally be driving throughout the streets of Grand Turk sight-seeing and would take a look out of the vehicle window only to see a few wild horses just hanging out grazing in someone’s yard. They looked so peaceful, but if you approached them they would run off in a hurry. The donkeys were much more curious and friendly.
The best part about this stop was the incredible beach day that we were able to have. If you ever make it there, then you will want to make plans to lounge in a beach chair underneath an umbrella with a good book as you look out into the crystal clear waters. The water was so clear that it looked as though you could just reach down and touch the bottom of the ocean, even though you know it is hella deep and you would not dare attempt such a thing.
Since I was able to pick up some amazing jerk seasoning from my trip to the Grand Turk, I had to use it to make some jerk chicken tacos.
Jerk Chicken Tacos
- 1 ½ teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large chicken breast
- 1 cup slaw mix
- 4 soft tortillas
- lime wedges
- 2 ½ tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- Use the 1.5 Tablespoons of jerk seasoning to season the chicken by rubbing both sides of the chicken and heat the canola oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, add in the seasoned chicken, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- Once complete slice the chicken into strips and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo and 1 teaspoon of jerk seasoning and assemble the tacos by warming the tortillas first, followed by placing the slaw on next, followed by the chicken and a drizzle of the sauce.
- Serve with a fresh lime wedge and your favorite salsa.
**P.S. This is the final post of my spring vacation. I hope you have enjoyed this series as much as I have enjoyed sharing it with you. I will be going on another vacation this summer to a different part of the Caribbean and if you have enjoyed this series and would like to see more on my next trip…please let me know in the comments below.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Jerk Chicken Tacos? Share them in the comments below!