This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, but all opinions are mine. #MyTFMValentine #TheFreshMarket. This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over. Baked Shrimp Scampi – Quick and Easy recipe that combines shrimp, white wine, butter, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Ready in 20 minutes and serve with warm bread.
It’s almost time for Valentine’s Day!
This year the day of love happens on a Wednesday and you may want to skip going out and instead opt to celebrate by having a romantic evening at home. Choosing to spend the evening at home is a great way to save money, avoid crowds, and skip feeling overwhelmed. Plus there are so many things that can be done at home to make the evening feel just as special.
If you’re thinking about spending Valentine’s Day at home, then I can certainly help you out with some great ideas to make the evening fuss-free and memorable.
5 Steps to Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Home
- Do the Shopping – Step number one to having the perfect Valentine’s Day at home requires making a trip to the store to pick up everything. One way to keep things simple in this area is by selecting a store that you can pick up everything you need. For this, I decided to shop at my favorite store The Fresh Market. This specialty grocer has all of the food you love including seasonally fresh produce, exceptional meat and seafood, signature baked goods, and carefully curated organics. You will be able to find everything that you need at The Fresh Market along with friendly service.
- Don’t Skip the Flowers – Getting flowers on Valentine’s Day should not be a big deal. Instead of placing an order at the florist for an expensive bouquet of flowers, try grabbing some fresh flowers from the grocery store and creating your own arrangement in a vase that you already have at home. You can also just skip the vase and place the flowers directly on the dinner table.
- Choose the Champagne – This is a small way to up the elegance factor of the evening by pulling out your fancy stemware and serving a chilled bottle of champagne along with dinner and dessert.
- Cook Dinner – Make dinner special by trying out a new recipe using ingredients that you love. Try a simple recipe that takes a short amount of time like this Baked Shrimp Scampi (see the recipe below) that can be paired with pasta, bread, and a salad loaded with your favorite fruit and veggies.
- Provide options for Dessert – Pick up an assortment of candy, cookies, and a delicious dessert to make the evening complete and give the person you love a choice of the sweet treat they prefer.
There you have 5 simple ways that you can celebrate Valentine’s Day at home. To learn more about The Fresh Market and ways to make your Valentine’s Day special be sure to click HERE to check out all of the ways that you can serve up something special including a meal for two. Also to locate The Fresh Market in your area be to click HERE.
Baked Shrimp ScampiPrint Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Japenese style breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- pasta or warm bread, to serve
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, red pepper, and salt.
Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine. Place in a baking dish.
In a small bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, melted butter, and parsley.
Sprinkle evenly on top of the shrimp.
Place in the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes until the shrimp are thoroughly cooked.
Turn the oven to the broiler setting on high and cook until the breadcrumbs are crisp and brown about 1 to 2 minutes.
Serve over pasta or with warm bread.