This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Baked Shrimp Scampi is a Quick and Easy recipe that combines shrimp, white wine, butter, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Ready in 20 minutes, perfect any day of the week.
If you have been following me for a while then you probably already know that shrimp is my go-to for any last-minute dinner. It is a staple ingredient in my freezer and can be thawed out and ready to use in minutes. Plus there are so many different recipes that can be made using shrimp.
One of my favorite recipes to use shrimp is to make shrimp scampi. You cannot go wrong with scampi. It is flavorful, buttery, and delicious. This is also one of those dishes that looks like it takes a lot of work, but it absolutely does not. It is simple to make and uses just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
This recipe is filling and perfect for a weeknight dinner, date night in meal, or dinner party recipe. This baked shrimp scampi also can be prepared by combining all of the ingredients together and placing in a baking dish to heat up in the oven for a few minutes.
Be sure to save this recipe for those times when you need a gourmet looking meal in a hurry. I promise you will not regret it.
What ingredients for shrimp scampi?
- White wine
- Lemon juice
- Olive Oil
- Red pepper flakes
How to make this easy shrimp scampi recipe:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, red pepper, and salt.
Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine.
Place in a baking dish.
In a small bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, melted butter, and parsley. Sprinkle evenly on top of the shrimp.
Place in the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes until the shrimp are thoroughly cooked. Turn the oven to the broiler setting on high and cook until the breadcrumbs are crisp and brown about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over pasta or with warm bread.
How do you know if scampi is cooked?
You will know the scampi is fully cooked when the shrimp are pink instead of translucent white or grey in color. The breadcrumbs will have browned and the sauce will have thickened. Check to make sure the scampi is done before removing it from the oven. If you need additional bake time, as ovens vary, please add as much time as needed keep a close eye on it as not to burn.
What do you serve with shrimp scampi?
Shrimp scampi can be served with freshly baked pasta such as linguine, thin spaghetti, or any pasta that you prefer. Garlic bread goes perfectly with shrimp scampi. You may also pair shrimp scampi with your favorite side dish such as oven roasted broccoli.
Baked Shrimp Scampi
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Japenese style breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- pasta or warm bread, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, red pepper, and salt.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine. Place in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, melted butter, and parsley.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of the shrimp.
- Place in the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes until the shrimp are thoroughly cooked.
- Turn the oven to the broiler setting on high and cook until the breadcrumbs are crisp and brown about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve over pasta or with warm bread.
Want more easy shrimp recipes? Try These:
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ideas for this Baked Shrimp Scampi? Please share them in the comments below!