This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
French Bread Mummy Pizza – Get ready for Halloween with these easy to make Mummy inspired French Bread Pizzas. Ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
Are you ready for Halloween?
Have you purchased the candy?
Purchased your kid the costume?
I will share with you that once your children reach teenage-hood it seems as though Halloween is just not the same. They tend to make plans with their friends and leave you behind. I guess that is all a part of growing up and now I certainly can appreciate what my parents must have felt when I turned the lovely age of 16.
For me this year there will be no running around from store to store in an effort to find the perfect Spiderman costume that your child told you that he wanted months ago, but in your busy life of work and such, you chose to wait until the last minute and now you find yourself willing to pay just about any price just to be able to find ANY costume that closely resembles anything with a spider on it. And of course, you tell yourself that next year you will be more prepared…you will buy the costume early…you may even perhaps make the costume yourself.
And yet when Halloween comes the following year you find yourself in the same predicament that you were in the previous year. Oh well, I guess there is always next year.
I may not have to deal with that this year but at least my family can have a simple dinner that requires less time, thought, ingredients, and a kid of any age is sure to enjoy and that is French Mummy Bread Pizza!
French Bread Mummy Pizza
- 1 to 2 loaves of French Bread
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Italian ( or Pizza) seasoning
- sliced thinly mozzarella cheese
- marinara sauce
- sliced black olives
- Your favorite pizza topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and slice the French Bread evenly right down the middle.
- Flatten out each piece by pressing it firmly with your hands.
- Mix together butter, garlic, olive oil and grated cheese in a small bowl and then spread mixture evenly on the loaves of bread and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Place bread on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Carefully remove from the oven and spread the desired amount of marinara sauce onto the toasted French bread, top with your favorite toppings, and then place your sliced mozzarella cheese on top and add two olives for the eyes.
- Broil on low until the cheese is melted and heated throughout. Keep an eye on it while it is in the oven.
- Remove from the oven. Slice and serve while hot.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this French Bread Mummy Pizza? Share them in the comments below!