This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cranberry Orange Scones – These delicious scones are so easy to make and are not only sweetened with an orange glaze but also made with frozen cranberries.
This post was sponsored by Cape Cod Select, but all opinions are my own.
The year is quickly coming to an end and this is actually my last blog post for the year. It has been a busy and amazing year and I cannot wait to see what 2017 has in store. One recipe that I have completely fallen in love with making this year is scones, which is crazy considering that I used to think they were so hard to make, but that was until I learned that the main key is to handle the dough as little as possible. You really have to turn it a few times until it comes together, cut it, and then place it into the oven to bake.
If you make the mistake of stirring or kneading the dough a little too much then you will end up with hard scones, and trust me no one likes hard scones. Another trick that I picked up is to shape the dough into that of a pizza and using a pizza wheel cut the individual scones in the same way that you would pizza slices and you will have yourself perfect scone triangles the easy way.
I also love that you can make so many different types of scones once you master the basic scone recipe and so when my friends over at Cape Cod Select sent me two bags of their Premium Frozen Cranberries I had to find a way to use them to make some delicious Cranberry Orange Scones.
Cranberry Orange Scones
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 cup Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and whisk together to make sure combined. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the heavy cream, orange zest, orange juice, and the Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the heavy cream mixture and stir until everything comes together to form a soft tough.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean lightly floured surface and turn it a few times until the dough sticks together in a ball. Flatten out the ball to form a circle about ¾ inches thick and cut the same way as you would a pizza.
- Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown.
- Remove the cranberry orange scones from the oven and while they are cooling for a few minutes make the orange glaze in a small bowl by whisking together the powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. If you would like a thicker glaze to add more powdered sugar and if you would like a thinner glaze to add more orange juice.
- Drizzle the glaze over the scones and serve while still warm or at room temperature. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for these Cranberry Orange Scones? Share them in the comments below!