This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This delicious Eggnog Latte is a festive holiday-inspired drink that can be made at home using a few simple ingredients plus your favorite eggnog. So creamy and yummy!
This tasty seasonal beverage is the perfect combination of coffee and eggnog. But if you need more recipes made with eggnog, then try making a simple No Bake Eggnog Cheesecake or an incredibly sweet and delicious Eggnog Pound Cake.
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is when eggnog makes its arrival.
This seasonal beverage is thick, sweet, and creamy. It's loaded with the spice flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. It can be found in different versions including lactose-free, vegan, and even with alcohol for those that are 21 and over.
However you choose to enjoy eggnog, there is no denying that it is absolutely delicious on its own. But I have a way to amp it up to make it even more delicious and pair it with your morning coffee with an eggnog latte recipe.
The first time that I ever tried an eggnog latte was one morning on my way to work. I stopped at the local Starbucks, where I was advised the holiday drinks were available. I took a look at the menu and immediately decided that I had to give the eggnog latte a try. It was worth it, but I figured that I could make it myself at home. This is great especially now since Starbucks has removed this drink from its holiday menu.
This recipe is simple because it makes use of your favorite eggnog. Any eggnog will work for this recipe. The other ingredients that you will need are sugar, cinnamon, milk, and some strong espresso. Trust me on this one, you want to use the strongest coffee that you have. If you prefer not to use espresso powder, then you can simply make some strongly brewed coffee and disregard the hot water that the recipe calls for.
Top your latte with some whipped cream. If you want to give the alcoholic version a try, then add one shot of spiced rum to each glass.
- Espresso or strongly brewed coffee - This is half of what makes this drink a latte. Keep it simple by using instant espresso powder.
- Eggnog - Any that you prefer. This has been make with lactose-free and dairy-free with not problem.
- Milk - Any regular milk or dairy-free that you prefer. This helps to add a bit of creaminess to the latte recipe.
- Cinnamon - Use ground cinnamon to add a bit of spice to the latte.
- Sugar - Adds sweetness to the latte and you only need a small amount. You may substitute a different sweetner or omit all together.
- Whipped cream - This is an optional step but makes this latte feel more like the coffee house version.
This recipe begins by mixing instant espresso with hot water or making some strongly brewed coffee.
In a separate container mix together the eggnog, milk, cinnamon, and sugar. Place this mixture into the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Until it becomes warm and slightly foamy. If you have a milk frother, then you may use that instead of the microwave. If you are not a fan of the microwave, then you can heat the mixture on low heat on the stove.
Divide the mixture among one large glass or two if you are sharing. Slowly add in the prepared coffee.
Top with whipped topping and an additional sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Is Eggnog in coffee good?
This really comes down to preference. If you like coffee and eggnog then you will probably enjoy the combination of them both. Eggnog in coffee is a nice holiday treat and is a good substitution for regular creamer. Try it!
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso
- 8 ounces hot water
- 1 cup eggnog
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- whipped cream, optional
- Prepare the instant espresso with the hot water and set aside.
- In a large glass measuring cup, stir together the eggnog, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and place into the microwave until it becomes hot and foamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir. Place back into the microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and divide among 2 glasses, slowly pour half of the coffee into each glass.
- Serve immediately or top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Original post date 12/06/2018. Updated 10/20/2021. Posted 12/06/2021.
More Holiday Drinks
Do you have any tips, kitchen hacks, or ideas for this Eggnog Latte? Please share them in the comments below!