This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spicy Pop Pulled Pork Roast is a version of the pioneer woman pulled pork recipe. It takes your classic pork roast recipe and adds in soda to make the meat extra tender and tasty. Cook it in your slow cooker for a delicious meal.
In my humble opinion, there is no better time saver than cooking in a slow cooker. You just place all of the ingredients in and let the slow cooker do its magic.
As you have probably guessed by now, I love cooking meals that are simple and convenient. To me, long hours spent in the kitchen are reserved only for special times such as dinner parties, holidays, and the occasional Sunday dinner. During the week I like to make something that is easy and quick.
Recently I found a recipe to jazz up a pork roast that I could not wait to give a try because it involved soda. When it comes to cooking any roast I mainly cook my roast in a slow cooker. I love cooking my roast this way because it makes it super tender and moist. I also love cooking it this way because my family not only loves it but they can also eat on it all day.
However, I actually followed the recipe for the pioneer woman pulled pork exactly, except for the following changes.
- I placed the onions in the crockpot first.
- I seasoned my roast first and then I added it on top of the onions.
- Then I added all of the other ingredients on top of the roast.
- Cover the crockpot and cook for 6 to 7 hours (depending on roast size).
*Again the Original Recipe is by Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman)
This roast is the perfect combination of savory, spicy, and sweet. There are so many flavors happening in this dish that make it absolutely worth giving a try. Make it and serve it any way that you like.
Soda, Spice, Pulled Pork Roast
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 whole pork roast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 11 oz. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cans pop (I use Dr. Pepper)
- Using a slow cooker, add in the onions.
- Clean, dry, and season the pork roast by rubbing generously with salt, ground black pepper, and brown sugar. Add to the slow cooker over the onions.
- Add the chipotle peppers over the top of the pork roast.
- Next crack open the cans of pop and slowly pour them over everything in the slow cooker. Cover and allow to cook for 6 to 7 hours depending on the size of the pork roast. Cook until fork tender.
- Carefully remove the roast from the slow cooker and shred. Return it to the slow cooker. Serve while warm.
Got any comments, questions, or other Spicy Pop Pulled Pork ideas? Share them in the comments below!