This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Brown Bag Popcorn – Make your own version of microwave popcorn using simple ingredients in a brown paper lunch bag. A quick healthy snack!
I consider myself a huge Prince fan and I recently noticed that his former wife Mayte Garcia has written a book The Most Beautiful: My Life with Prince, so I decided to check and see if there was an audio version available and it was. I quickly downloaded the book using the Audible app on my phone so that I could listen to it throughout the day. I enjoy listening to audiobooks and podcast while I am working on things during the day or riding in the car. It makes me feel like I am accomplishing more and using my time wisely.
Back to talking about the book. It was soooo good. It took me all of two days to finish 9 hours and 7-minute book. I laughed, I cried, and I was surprised at some of the things that she revealed about her relationship with the purple rocker in the book. I do not feel as though she used the book as an opportunity to slam Prince’s character, but she did reveal some truths about their relationship and what ultimately ended it. If you get a chance to check it out, then I would encourage you to do so.
This book also triggered me to spend a little time watching a movie with Prince in it or two and of course, that requires a good snack, which has to be popcorn. Now prepackaged popcorn is great and there are some really good brands on the market, but I like the idea of controlling what is in my food and with popcorn, I find that less is more. Plus you can make your own brown bag popcorn for pennies. I purchased a big bag of organic popcorn kernels for less than $3 and a pack of 50 brown bags for $0.50; with those two items, alone I will be able to have popcorn for a while versus buying a box of microwave popcorn with a limited number of packs for at least $5.00. With those savings alone, it is totally worth it!
Brown Bag Popcorn
- 1 lunch brown paper bag
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the popcorn kernels into the brown paper bag and fold the top of the bag over two times, pressing the fold so that it is tight against the bag.
- Place into the microwave upright and heat for 2 to 2 ½ minutes or until there is a 3-second pause between pops.
- Carefully remove the bag from the microwave once the popcorn has finished popping, open up the bag, and pour in the olive oil, nutritional yeast, and salt.
- Close the bag and shake to distribute the ingredients. Open the bag and Enjoy!
Got any comments, questions, or other Brown Bag Popcorn ideas? Share them in the comments below!