This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Greek Chicken Salad is Greek seasoned marinated chicken that turns into a hearty dinner salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, olives, peppers, cucumbers, red onion, and feta cheese.
Whip up this easy Greek salad for dinner, lunch, or even meal prep for the week. You guys will truly enjoy all the fresh ingredients and the marinated chicken.
I will share with you a simple way to keep your dinner life from making you crazy during the week by making a list of your top 3 No-Fuss Go-To Meals and keeping those ingredients in your kitchen at all times. I say this because the reality is that life can get super busy when you are trying to balance work, family, and social life, and still find time to treat yourself. Seriously, I am getting tired just thinking about all of the things that have to be done in one day and then to have to come home and figure out what to make for dinner…that is if I remembered to thaw out the meat.
If I have at least 3 dinners in my recipe toolbox that I can whip up in less than an hour, that I do not have to think about, and I already have all of the ingredients in my kitchen, this will help to relieve some stress. At least the stress of figuring out what to have for dinner while still trying to keep it healthy.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Cook up some pasta, combine it with a delicious sauce and skip the meat, but add a hearty side of steamed vegetables.
- Make your soup in bulk and freeze it in small containers to reheat quickly and serve with a side salad or sandwich.
- Got flour tortillas? Then make veggie quesadillas with whatever you have in the crisper drawer and the cheese that you have on hand. Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli and add in some chicken. These can be customized to what everyone in the family likes and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
- Combine a salad with a protein. Try grilling some chicken or shrimp and add it to a salad using the ingredients that you have on hand or give this recipe for Greek Chicken Salad a try.
Keep your dinner simple and save time by using any of these ideas to help you get a quick meal served up to your family.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Chicken - You will want to use boneless chicken for this salad. Make sure to remove the skin if you have skin on your chicken.
- Olive Oil
- Garlic - I recommend using fresh garlic that you mince. Jarred will work but you will find it doesn't have as fresh of a flavor as freshly mincing your own.
- Lemon Juice - You can add less or more lemon juice to flavor your salad as you would like.
- Parsley and Greek Seasoning - At the store, you can buy a pre-mixed Greek seasoning. Or if you prefer you can make your own Greek seasoning.
- Mixed Salad Greens - Grab your favorite greens for this. Romaine, Arugula, and Spinach are all very complimentary to the flavors.
- Vegetables - Bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and Kalamata olives are the vegetables I used for this salad. You can add in any other of your favorites.
- Feta Cheese - If you are not a fan of Feta you can leave it out, but it does really add a lot to the salad.
- White Wine Vinegar - The vinegar adds a nice subtle tang to the dressing. You could use red wine vinegar or even white distilled vinegar to replace it.
See the recipe card below for exact ingredient quantities and instructions.
Step By Step Instructions
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, lemon, Greek seasoning, parsley, salt, and pepper to make the marinade for the chicken.
Place the chicken into a Ziploc plastic bag and add the marinade. Shake the chicken until it is evenly coated. Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes up to an hour. Bake at 375 degrees F. until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from the oven and slice into strips for the salad.
While the chicken is marinating or baking, in a large bowl assemble the salad by combining the mixed salad greens, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, and cheese.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, white wine vinegar, juice of half a lemon, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste, to make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything to combine. Serve with sliced chicken.
- Use roasted red peppers instead of dicing up fresh bell peppers.
- Feel free to add or take away some of the vegetables. Even fresh slice zucchini would be delicious in the summer months.
- If you don't want to make a homemade dressing you can buy your favorite bottled Greek dressing.
- If you happen to have leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken you can use that to top your salad. I have done this and it saves time by just topping the salad with diced-up rotisserie chicken.
If you want to save some of your salad, leave your chicken separate from the greens. I like to keep all the ingredients in separate containers to prevent the lettuce from wilting. Store your chicken in a different container, and then you can store all your greens and veggies in a bowl. Leave the dressing separate as well.
Then you can assemble and enjoy for up to 2-3 days. Just watch the vegetables and greens from wilting or beginning to get soggy.
Meal Prep - If you want to meal prep for like salads in a jar, here is how. Add the dressing to the bottom of a mason jar. Then add in your veggies like tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. Next, add on your chicken and cheese and finish the top with salad. This will make sure the lettuce doesn't become soggy during the day.
You can shake it up before eating or pour it into a bowl and enjoy.
Greek Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ tablespoon parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, lemon, Greek seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper to make the marinade for the chicken.
- Place the chicken into a Ziploc plastic bag and add in the marinade. Shake the chicken until it is evenly coated. Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from the oven and slice into strips for the salad.
- While the chicken is marinating or baking, in a large bowl assemble the salad by combining the mixed salad greens, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, white wine vinegar, juice of half a lemon, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, to make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything to combine. Serve with the sliced chicken.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
More Recipes You'll Love
Have any comments, questions, or other delicious ways to use this Greek Chicken Salad Recipe? Please share them in the comments below!