This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Greek Chicken Salad is Greek seasoned marinated chicken turns this into a hearty dinner salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, olives, peppers, cucumbers, red onion, and feta cheese.
I will share with you a simple way to keep your dinner life from making you crazy during the week is by making a list of your top 3 No-Fuss Go-To Meals and keeping those ingredients in your kitchen at all times. I say this because the reality is that life can get super busy when you are trying to balance work, family, social life, and still find time to treat yourself. Seriously, I am getting tired just thinking about all of the things that have to be done in one day and then to have to come home and figure out what to make for dinner…that is if I remembered to thaw out the meat.
If I have at least 3 dinners in my recipe toolbox that I can whip up in less than an hour, that I do not have to think about, and I already have all of the ingredients in my kitchen, this will help to relieve some stress. At least the stress of figuring out what to have for dinner while still trying to keep it healthy.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Cook up some pasta, combine it with a delicious sauce and skip the meat, but add a hearty side of steamed vegetables.
- Make your soup in bulk and freeze it in small containers to re-heat quickly and serve with a side salad or sandwich.
- Got flour tortillas? Then make veggie quesadillas with whatever you have in the crisper drawer and the cheese that you have on hand. Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli and add in some chicken. These can be customized to what everyone in the family likes and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
- Combine a salad with a protein. Try grilling some chicken or shrimp and add it to a salad using the ingredients that you have on hand or give this recipe for Greek Chicken Salad a try.
Keep your dinner simple and save time by using any of these ideas to help you get a quick meal served up to your family.
Greek Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ tablespoon parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, lemon, Greek seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper to make the marinade for the chicken.
- Place the chicken into a Ziploc plastic bag and add in the marinade. Shake the chicken until it is evenly coated. Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from the oven and slice into strips for the salad.
- While the chicken is marinating or baking, in a large bowl assemble the salad by combining the mixed salad greens, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, white wine vinegar, juice of half a lemon, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, to make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything to combine. Serve with the sliced chicken.
*All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas for a Greek Chicken Salad? Share them in the comments below!