This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sauteed Garlic Spinach – Just add garlic and red peppers to fresh spinach and saute for a delicious side dish that everyone will love.
Since tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day then I figured that it was only right for me to share a recipe with a little bit of green in it. That I plus the fact that I really do love spinach and it is a constant staple in my house. Spinach can be used so many different ways, I put it in smoothies, salads, or just have it by itself. This recipe is perfect for those times when I have a craving for spinach all by itself. This recipe is also great because it uses very few ingredients, one pan, and packs tons of flavor.
The sliced garlic used in this recipe certainly amps up the flavor and transforms the dish. If you would like to add a little spice to this dish, then add in some red pepper flakes or omit if you would rather not. This dish is sure to be enjoyed the entire family and can be served with your favorite starch and protein for the perfect dinner.
Sauteed Garlic Spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pounds baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes over medium heat until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in half of the spinach and salt and gently toss until the spinach begins to wilt and then add in the remaining spinach and continue tossing until only a few slightly raw leaves remain.
- Drain the spinach and transfer to a plate to serve.
Got any comments, questions, or other ideas for this Sauteed Garlic Spinach? Share them in the comments below!