This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peachy Salsa Pork Chops – The perfect balance of sweet and spicy is all wrapped up in this quick stove top meat that can be whipped up in 20 minutes.
Did I ever share with you that I love cooking dinner for my family, but I cannot stand weeknight meals that will have me spending hours in the kitchen, or meals that require a ton of ingredients.
I also have to admit to you that I can fall in a bit of a food rut and sometimes that applies to the meals that I prepare for my family. I mean spaghetti and baked chicken are both great meals, but I do not want to have them every week. To come up with new dishes, I have to find creative ways to make the protein something new, but still full of flavor.
That is where these Peachy Salsa Pork Chops really come in handy.
You start by picking up some pork chops from your grocery store meat department and you will also need to grab a pre-made package of taco seasoning. I used the original flavor, but feel free to use the spicy if you want an extra hit of spice. Next to complete the recipe you will also need a jar of your favorite chunky salsa and a jar of peach preserves. Can you see where we are going with this? The taco seasoning and salsa will make the pork chops spicy and the peach preserves will add a little bit of sweetness. The peach preserves also help to balance out the tangy flavor of the salsa and make the sauce smooth.
This recipe can be served over a scoop of hot rice and paired with your favorite vegetable on the side.
Peachy Salsa Pork Chops
- 2 pounds boneless pork chops
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 2/3 cup peach preserves
- Pour the taco seasoning package into a large Ziploc bag, add in the pork chops, close the bag, and shake to coat the meat.
- In a large skillet, heat on medium high heat and add in the olive oil. Once heated add in the pork chops and cook for 2 to 3 minutes before turning over on the other side and cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan once they have finished cooking and to the same skillet add in the salsa and peach preserves. Stir to combine and heat.
- Place the pork chops back into the skillet and coat with the sauce.
- Cover the skillet, reduce heat to low, and simmer for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Serve over rice.
Got any comments, questions, or ideas for Peachy Salsa Pork Chops? Share them in the comments below!