This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This recipe for Simple Roasted Sweet Potatoes is easy, healthy, and the perfect lazy person recipe. Making the perfect side dish to compliment any meal.
Do you need a side dish that is sure to compliment any meal? Do you need to include cooked sweet potato in a recipe? Allow me to step in today and help you with a recipe for roasted sweet potatoes that is simple, healthy, and delicious.
How do you cook roasted sweet potatoes?
Roasted sweet potatoes are easy to make and there are many recipes out there. I have even previously shared a recipe for Easy Roasted Potatoes. Through the years I have boiled sweet potatoes in water, cubed them before roasting in the oven, and even sauteed them in a skillet.
Then one day I decided to cut a sweet potato in quarters and place it on a parchment lined baking sheet with no seasoning to see what would happen. When I removed it from the oven it yielded a soft, sweet, and completely no-fuss roasted sweet potato. Since then, I use this method to prepare my sweet potatoes weekly to add to any meal or eat as a snack.
What do I eat with roasted sweet potatoes?
- You can use roasted sweet potatoes in so many ways.
- Use them to compliment any meal as a side dish.
- Toss them into a salad to make it a bit hardy and provide a vitamin-rich carbohydrate.
- Use them to make soup.
- Scoop all of the insides of the sweet potatoes and create a sweet potato mash with cinnamon and butter.
- Make a healthy dog treat.
- You can also use them in desserts such as Sweet Potato Pie or Sweet Potato Pound Cake.
The possibilities are truly endless. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Simple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the sweet potatoes by washing and cutting in half and the halves in half again. This should yield 4 pieces per potato.
- Continue the process with the rest of the potatoes.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet flesh (inside) side down.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve immediately with your favorite additions or scoop out the center and use in another recipe.